Does my kitten maybe have some russian blue in her?

dee52782

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK I know I've read everyone thinks their gray cat is a Russian blue. However Sheba has so many traits I'm curious if maybe at least she has some Russian blue. I adopted her from a shelter so I highly doubt she's Russian Blue. She does have fur that's very soft and dense very green eyes and mauve foot pads. Also I've read that RBs are very smart and highly trainable..I've had her 2 wks tomorrow and she's already learned her name,to come ,and to sit and she's only 10 Wks..She's super loveable and follows me like a puppy...I absolutely love her and am so glad I adopted her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dee52782

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts or opinions :)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As you say she's not a registered Russian, but her coat is beautiful, and looks in a couple of your pictures to have that gorgeous silvery quality that Russians have. Her eyes are gorgeous green too, she's a look-alike for sure. Congratulations on adopting her, she's lovely!

dee52782

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for both of your responses she is such a little sweetheart and so smart too! I love how soft and thick her fur is you can definitely tell a difference between her fur and my tuxedos fur. I Think she's beautiful even if she isn't a purebred and can't get over how highly trainable she is...it took me about 5 min to teach her how tosit on ccommand and in in the process of teaching her how to shake paw LOL Our boarder collie is so curious as I'm working with her he sits wagging his tell and doing the commands with her LOL (He knows just about every command you can think of) I'm just glad that all our furry babies get along so well and Sheba just fits right in and is a wonderful new addition to our lil family

Last edited by a moderator:

dee52782

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

She doesn't have a totally RB look, but she sure does have the colouring and the eyes.

What a cutie! 

Welcome to TCS, by the way! 

Would you like to introduce yourself at New Cats on the Blockhttp://www.thecatsite.com/f/20/new-cats-on-the-block
 Sheba is gorgeous. 
   How lucky you are to adopt such a cute kitten.   A friend of mine has a lovely female grey cat that looks almost identical to my Mouse,  but his cat isn't Russian Blue: he got her from friends who kept RBs and other cats together.  She is every bit as cute as Mouse (who is RB) but didn't cost him a small fortune to adopt.   Sheba's eyes look like they have a very similar shade green to Mouse, very pretty.

I'm thinking if you are training her and not the other way round she must have some nice genetic mix:  all the RBs I know train the people they live with. Though RBs are often highly intelligent  my experience is that they tend only do what they want to when they want to, and usually what and when you would rather they didn't! 

dee52782

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL now that sounds more like my tuxedo Bella she wants to do what she wants to do it and when she wants to do it.She definite has us trained! She's 2 yrs old and the diva of the house :) I think Sheba is going to be a bit more of a love bug. Bella is sweet to but only likes to be cuddled on her own time where as Sheba purrs every time I pick her up ...they are both precious and very spoiled as they should be :)

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. She reminds me so much of my dear Vegas. 

Thank you for sharing.

dee52782

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. :) She follows me around and loves to cuddle very mellow temperment

Last edited:

dee52782

TCS Member
Young Cat