Does my cats nose seem normal to you?

Moogmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! First time caller, long time reader :) to start this off, this is my pride and joy Moogle. We also call him Bubba. He’s about a year and a half old and we got him from the shelter about a year ago. My life is better with him in it in every way, he enriches every moment.

I suffer from some health anxiety and it’s recently started spilling over onto my cat, especially since my favorite internet cat Thurston Waffles passed away recently from a nasal tumor. Moogle has always had a “Roman” nose (in photo two) and has also always suffered from mild URI’s every few months or so. The problem is that he got a URI right after Thurston died and it activated crazy mode on me. Suddenly I’ve noticed that his nose is not symmetrical (the right side is slightly larger than the left) and his Roman bump seems bigger than usual (but I don’t know if that’s true or just my imagination). Google says cats should have symmetrical noses and now I’m worried that something is wrong. He has a vet appointment scheduled for next week but in the mean time, does anyone else have a cat with a nose like this? Or should I be worried? Thank you.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you decided to join the site after being a longtime reader.:wave3: I looked at your 2 pics of Moogle, aka Bubba, and from my lay experience I don't see anything worrisome. Of course we are not vets and cannot give medical advice but I'm glad you have an upcoming vet appointment to alleviate any concerns. One thing I can tell you is that our first Persian cat was being given up because his nose dropped. :rolleyes2: We loved him for his personality and could have cared less about his nose since we are not breeders. It never gave him any problems and I hope the same is true for Moogle. Please keep us posted after your vet visit and good luck.:alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moogmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm glad you decided to join the site after being a longtime reader.:wave3: I looked at your 2 pics of Moogle, aka Bubba, and from my lay experience I don't see anything worrisome. Of course we are not vets and cannot give medical advice but I'm glad you have an upcoming vet appointment to alleviate any concerns. One thing I can tell you is that our first Persian cat was being given up because his nose dropped. :rolleyes2: We loved him for his personality and could have cared less about his nose since we are not breeders. It never gave him any problems and I hope the same is true for Moogle. Please keep us posted after your vet visit and good luck.:alright:
I’m sorry if this message ends up formatting kind of strange, it’s been ages since I’ve used a real forum instead of Reddit and tumblr. I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate your lay-person point of view. He’s my first cat ever and I just love him so much like he’s my son, the thought of anything happening to him destroys me. I love my Bubba’s hooked bumpy nose so much.
It’s so hard to believe what people are willing to drop a pet for. A nose not looking quite Persian enough? That’s so silly. But their loss was your gain. I’m sure your kitty is so cute. If I can figure out how to look at profiles I would love to see a photo of your nosey-Persian.
Thank you again, sincerely. I’ll post with an update next week!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I’m sorry if this message ends up formatting kind of strange, it’s been ages since I’ve used a real forum instead of Reddit and tumblr. If I can figure out how to look at profiles I would love to see a photo of your nosey-Persian.Thank you again, sincerely. I’ll post with an update next week!!
Don't worry there's always a learning curve with different sites. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it but if you ever have any questions you can post them here: Site Help and more details here: Site Help – TheCatSite Articles

Of course I'd love to show you a pic of our "nosey" Persian but because he's black you may not be able to detect his nose. :biggrin: Plus the pic was taken before we had cameras on our phone and even before I had a cell phone. Good luck with your vet appointment.
IMG_1583.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moogmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't worry there's always a learning curve with different sites. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it but if you ever have any questions you can post them here: Site Help and more details here: Site Help – TheCatSite Articles

Of course I'd love to show you a pic of our "nosey" Persian but because he's black you may not be able to detect his nose. :biggrin: Plus the pic was taken before we had cameras on our phone and even before I had a cell phone. Good luck with your vet appointment.
View attachment 432107
Hey!! Sorry for the late response, his vet appointment was last week (got moved to Wednesday) and then we had a big old hurricane so things got hectic for a bit haha. The vet was very kind and gently let me know that I’m being a little paranoid and that his nose (and himself) was perfectly fine. They also gushed over what a cute little boy he was and how good he was. So he was totally fine, just me being paranoid! I can’t help it I just love him so much. Thank you for your help initially!
9BD33B8D-02FE-45E5-857B-C5CBFCD8DF01.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The vet was very kind and gently let me know that I’m being a little paranoid and that his nose (and himself) was perfectly fine.
I'm thrilled to hear the good news! :cheerleader: And as far as being a little paranoid I think we've all been there at one time or another. They rely on us for food, litter duty (no pun intended), affection, etc. so we have to advocate for them. Thanks for the pic of Moogle, he's such a handsome boy.:heartshape: