Does my cats incision looks okay?

Kitty127

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just got her spayed yesterday, and she licked it a few times before because she kept getting out of her cone, and she also hid from us underneath the couch before we got to clean underneath our hard wood floor so I’m worried it might be dirty and becomes infected? She also jumped up to my bed and jumped down from it as well. Does it looks okay still?

Attachments

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not an expert, save for having watched lots of incisions on my own body heal after surgeries. Your cat's looks perfectly fine to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty127

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not an expert, save for having watched lots of incisions on my own body heal after surgeries. Your cat's looks perfectly fine to me.
Thank you!!

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!
You're welcome, but again I am not a vet.

An infected site would look a lot more obvious. There would be redness, swelling, possibly oozing.

It's good that you are keeping an eye on it. Is she still in a cone?

Kitty127

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You're welcome, but again I am not a vet.

An infected site would look a lot more obvious. There would be redness, swelling, possibly oozing.

It's good that you are keeping an eye on it. Is she still in a cone?
We got her a donut shaped e-collar with is more comfortable and she doesn’t look bothered and hasn’t been trying to take it off.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got her a donut shaped e-collar with is more comfortable and she doesn’t look bothered and hasn’t been trying to take it off.
That's good.

It's up to you, but feel free to continue to post update pics as it heals. It's actually helpful to the community to see what a healing incision should look like (I've seen this question, "does my cat's incision look OK" come up several times in my relatively short time on this forum).

Kitty127

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's good.

It's up to you, but feel free to continue to post update pics as it heals. It's actually helpful to the community to see what a healing incision should look like (I've seen this question, "does my cat's incision look OK" come up several times in my relatively short time on this forum).
Yes I will definitely continue to update her healing process for other first time cat owners!