Does My Cats Breathing Look Labored Or Normal?

Imaplacebo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, sorry if this seems crazy. I haven’t owned a cat since my parents did when I was a little kid. I adopted this kitten a few mints ago. He is now almost 5 months old. I felt like his heart was beating out of his chest or had labored breathing but I can’t tell if thats just normal for cats. It isn’t like that all the time it comes and goes. It kind of looks like he’s purring when he’s not. I ordered l lysine because someone said it might be related to that. I thought i could upload a video but it’s not letting me so if anyone would please let me text them and ask that would help a lot. Thank you!

Marlow cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, sorry if this seems crazy. I haven’t owned a cat since my parents did when I was a little kid. I adopted this kitten a few mints ago. He is now almost 5 months old. I felt like his heart was beating out of his chest or had labored breathing but I can’t tell if thats just normal for cats. It isn’t like that all the time it comes and goes. It kind of looks like he’s purring when he’s not. I ordered l lysine because someone said it might be related to that. I thought i could upload a video but it’s not letting me so if anyone would please let me text them and ask that would help a lot. Thank you!

Marlow cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could put a video on YouTube and post the link here. 20 to 30 bpm is normal for an adult cat. State of mind has a huge impact so check when your cat is sleeping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Imaplacebo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it dangerous if it stays that high? If it’s like his anxious stats of mind?
This is my 5 month old male cat breathing I don’t know why it’s so fast we just took him to the vet and she said it could be from him getting neutered last week and gave him clavamox and said if it doesn’t improve in a few days to get an X-ray does this seem okay or should I get a second opinion I don’t have a lot of money either I’m so worried about my baby :( could it be pneumonia or asthma or something worse ? She said his heart sounds fine

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That certainly seems like fast and labored breathing to me in those videos, like you said. I can see why you are worried! The vet did not want to do an xray or blood work or anything more? I guess if it were me, I'd try to get a 2nd opinion from another vet, and soon.
:redheartpump:

Marlow cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope your cat is doing better now. Did you find anything out? Please give us an update. Best wishes.