Does my cat’s anus look normal?

suestelladeville

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was just laying down with my cat, and when she stood up and turned around I got a very close look at her behind. And I don’t know, it looks a little odd to me? I’m not sure if it’s normally that color or if it’s puffier than usual? She’s never had any issues before so I think I just have never paid much attention to the status quo back there. Does she look like she’s having any irritation or gland issues? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
It looks a little more red than pink to me. Have you noticed, or keep an eye out in future, any differences as to her litterbox habits and pooping?

What are you feeding her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suestelladeville

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
It looks a little more red than pink to me. Have you noticed, or keep an eye out in future, any differences as to her litterbox habits and pooping?

What are you feeding her?
Thank you, I thought so too! I haven’t noticed much with her litter box habits, although it’s a bit hard to keep track of her poops and everything because I have two cats. I did see her scooting a little bit, so that also makes me worried that something is wrong! She eats Iams for indoor cats.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What you are seeing also depends on her natural coloring. If she has pink skin elsewise (nose, paw pads, etc), it may not mean anything, especially if she keeps herself 'clean'. The butt scooting can mean a lot of things, up to and including some 'loose material' she feels when she has left the litter box.

Normal stools? You kind of need to know that, however you can. If she has had a bit of looser stools, that can also cause some extra irritation to the anus. I do see her anal glands in that pic, so that could be connected, especially if her stool has been looser - that doesn't allow for the normal expression of those glands when defecating.

Gather some more information, but also let your vet know - perhaps by sending them a pic of what you are seeing?