Does My Cat Look Part Maine Coon To You?

Which long hair breed does she resemble more?

• Maine Coon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norwegian Forest Cat

• Himalayan

• Ragdoll

• Total voters

Qstargazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats almost a year old, and i have been told by several people that the one cat, looks part maine coon. Ill attach pictures of both of them but the one im talking about here is the tortoisshell / tabby cat (the darker one) Let me know what you think please.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I think so. The lighter one really can have somewhat same background. Are they related? Are they biggish?
the other may possibly be a diluted tortie - torties has often green eyes - no rule, but more often than sheer coincidence...

An alternative may perhaps be the Sibirian, but Im putting my money on MCO - look alikeness..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Qstargazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I think so. The lighter one really can have somewhat same background. Are they related? Are they biggish?
the other may possibly be a diluted tortie - torties has often green eyes - no rule, but more often than sheer coincidence...

An alternative may perhaps be the Sibirian, but Im putting my money on MCO - look alikeness..
Yes they are from the same litter. They are about 10 months old but are as big as my moms 5 year old cat already so i think they may get quite big.
Thanks for the response :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, so we can presume they are decent MCO look alikes. of the sweet type. :) Im not only praising them, some MCO has a very "diabolic" looks-type! :)
Biggish, their fur not so grandiose - in part because they are girls - the mane is biggest on males. And also, they are still young, really kittens, and its summer halfyear now. Im sure the fur will grow handsomely with the years, especielly towards the winter half year. If they will be allowed to go out much, they may even become really shaggy.

HOW much they really have a MCO ancestry, I dont know. But they are decent look alikes yes.

OK, next. There occurs males whom are torties, not common but not totally unique. Them being both girls confirms both are torties; the more reddish one you yourself count as tortie. But the more pale one, the bluish one, is surely a dilute tortie, with the greenish eyes as yet another little telltale sign. I dont see no creme on her, but sometimes its just a small spot somewhere...

Two beauties you have got.