Does my cat know im her "owner"

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or rather her mom as i like to tell everyone. lol

Anyway, i dont let my cat sleep with me anymore. I let her sleep with me the first week i adopted her, and everyday i would wake up with my nose itching and sneezing. I would blow my nose and there would be blood on the tissue. Even now when i just kiss her and hold her, my nose itches and my eyes itch and water.

Since she doesnt sleep with me, she sleeps on her cat tree, but she visits my sister, and my nieces room during the night and jumps into their beds. Sometimes i worry that she wont realize im her mom. Im the one that take care of her. Although my mom does give her, her morning food, because she wakes up before me, and my cat walks all over her until she feeds her. lol but i give her, her other two meals. But other than that, i clean her box, clip her nails, keep her clean, and play with her as much as i can.

Do you guys think she realizes that im her mom?

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are "mom" but cats are more of a pick their own kind of animal.  It doesn't mean she hasn't picked you, though.  She has just picked everyone!  I think she considers herself the "family kitty".  This is OK and wonderful, too.  It means she loves and enjoys everyone.  Try not to stress over it too much.  You know she's yours and your family knows she's yours but that doesn't mean they can't and shouldn't enjoy her, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are "mom" but cats are more of a pick their own kind of animal.  It doesn't mean she hasn't picked you, though.  She has just picked everyone!  I think she considers herself the "family kitty".  This is OK and wonderful, too.  It means she loves and enjoys everyone.  Try not to stress over it too much.  You know she's yours and your family knows she's yours but that doesn't mean they can't and shouldn't enjoy her, too.
lol i know its a good thing, but in my heart, i want her to see me as someone special. i know its a dumb way to feel, and im grateful that everyone loves her so much, its just how i feel, you know?

thanks for replying though!

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know.  But it seems she is a fairly young cat if I am reading all the posts correctly.  Kittens and young cats are more into playing and whosever around for the moment.  In time, as she matures and mellows, she will apperciate you more and see you as special. 
  You are the one that takes care of her, she'll know that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know.  But it seems she is a fairly young cat if I am reading all the posts correctly.  Kittens and young cats are more into playing and whosever around for the moment.  In time, as she matures and mellows, she will apperciate you more and see you as special. 
  You are the one that takes care of her, she'll know that!
You're right, she is still young, shes going to be one year old in December. Thanks for the comforting words, i guess all i can do is focus on being there for her, and let her see with my actions how much i love her.
thanks for the advice!

jokasta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sadly (because we should be more mature about it) I know exactly what you're talking about. I live in a large apt with two other friends, and they totally love Jo. In order to make sure she knows how to make the difference between them and me, I'm the only one giving her meals, her treats, cleaning her litterbox, playing with her (because after 10 min my friends get bored of her...), hanging out with her the most, sleeping with her, etc.

All I can say is that so far it's worked. Kitty follows me everywhere and clearly knows I'm her BFF, but that doesn't mean she won't greet my friends as well, or see what they are doing occasionally and meow for a pat. And that's fine, too. She shouldn't be constricted on purpose. Usually cats come to love the most the person whom they associate with pleasant things, so always be good to her, give her freedom, tend to her needs, and the rest will follow, trust me. :)

Last edited: