Does My Cat Have Spring Fever?!

weezercat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
C9572026-465E-492D-BCB9-BB8FABB7A629.jpeg
Hey guys!

My cat Calvin is an adorable boy who is endlessly clingy and needy (which I LOVE) but lately with the warmer weather he has been acting crazy...

Zoomies around the house, he is a bit more needy, and is obsessed with the window and balcony door. He chirps at the birds and the people going by every day.

I am just a little worried, I know it sounds dumb.... but I just want to make sure he’s ok? He is meowing a bit more, wanting more attention and acting a little more wild, but other than that he is eating, playing, purring as normal and his litter box habbits are normal too!

I’m wondering if I should be concerned or maybe he’s just got a case of spring fever? Lol. This is his first spring in an apartment building (I moved recently) and he now has HUGE windows and big balcony doors to look out of.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm.. maybe he’s just excited about the birds and the sunshine with all the big windows! It doesn’t sound like anything is wrong if he’s still eating, drinking, and using the litter box normally.

He’s gorgeous btw!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weezercat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm.. maybe he’s just excited about the birds and the sunshine with all the big windows! It doesn’t sound like anything is wrong if he’s still eating, drinking, and using the litter box normally.

He’s gorgeous btw!
Thank you so much! I wish everyone could meet him. He is the sweetest boy, loves to cuddle, constantly wants to be in my arms and near me. He even bends his head when I hold him so I kiss his forehead. Truly the BEST!

That's why I'm so worried all the time. I think deep down he is okay too, my old cat passed away suddenly due to a tumour and I knew something was off right away.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely cat, definitely looks like he adores you the way he's looking up at your camera. :loveeyes: :agree:

I agree, it sounds like your young cat is enjoying the spring air, and all the extra wildlife he's seeing from the window is getting him all excited. Make sure you have plenty of games and toys to follow through with the indoor bouncing so he feels he's getting a good chase and reward at the end of his hunt. :biggrin: