does mother litter size matter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks Gaye. I may call my old vet and get an appt with them. I love the vets at both of them. And maybe the old one has hired some new vets since around when the thing with my dogs happened they had a couple vets leave shortly before that and hadn't hired new ones. A littler further away, but for 1/2 the price........ or call another one close and check their prices and see who my friends use and like. This other one is just HORRIBLE for prices. For a set of shots and office visit for one pet is is about $125-$170. The other vet was about 1/2 that and I could bring 2 or 3 at once and it was cheaper.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I think I've heard that cats have smaller litters if they are younger or older. "Medium" aged cats (or who have at least had a litter before) have a bit more of a chance of a larger litter. Also, I have been told that if a cat breeds with more than one male, that can make a larger litter. For example, my former stray, Elsa, had 8 kittens, and 5 were clearly from one father and 3 from another father.
With Skittles having 9 at least I am sure she had different mates. There was like 7 males around here when I opened the door to get her

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

With Skittles having 9 at least I am sure she had different mates. There was like 7 males around here when I opened the door to get her
Skittles!!! For shame!!

tia's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I Don't Think Cat Size Matters I Have A Small Himalayan And She Had One In Her First Litter Is Now Pregnant With Four, She Came From A Litter Of 7......who Can Guess?

tsj112099

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well this was a shocker. Nikki my 8 month old kitty who is quite small had her first litter about 2.5 weeks ago and she had 6, all healty and growing fast. After 4 we thought that was it but went in to check on her and #5 was there and a couple min. later out came #6. LOL
When we got her there was 3 left so I don't know how many where there to start but 6 is alot for a first timer and only at 8 months. Her belly was SO round and hard. She looked like she eat a melon.

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really do not think that the size of the cat determines the size of the litter. winter and smokeys mom was six pounds and she had a litter of 11 one time and the litter they came from was a litter of 4. winters first litter there was seven and the litter she gave birth to yesterday was a litter of five.