Does he have any Main coon in him?

kellyann1980

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi cat lovers!

I am fostering a cat, hopefully to adopt him. His name is Eddy, 2years old. He is gentle, laid-back, loves his tummy

rubs, very sweet personality. He can be somewhat vocal and doesn't like close doors or be confine behind a lock

door. He has tuffs sticking out of his ears and sticking out of his paws, a bushy tail. Long-fur on his tummy. I am

curious if he has some Maine coon in him but if not I am okay because he is a handsome boy. Thanks for any advice.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since all pedigree breeds are descended from domestic cats, plenty of domestic cats have little echos of variour breeds, especially when it's a 'natural' breed - one that has been selected from the domestic cats in a particular place.  Examples of 'natural' breeds are British Shorthair amd (surprise surprise!) Norwegian Forest Cats.

He is a very handsome boy, hope he has a long and happy life with you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi!

He is a domestic of course.   :)

But if you want to compare him with some breed, I think sooner Norvegian Forest Cat, NFC than Maine Coon.

But they are cats of similiar type, althoug not nearly related.

I suspect Oriental was also thinking on the Norvegian.   :)

Good luck!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Examples of 'natural' breeds are British Shorthair 
I'm kinda hesitant to call them natural breed nowadays. They have been bred so much with Persians, Exotics, SIA, RUS & CHA that the 'natural' part is lost in my eyes when compared to a NFO, MCO or European Shorthair for example which haven't allowed any outcrosses as far as I know. (just IMO).