Does flushable litter clog the toilet?

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started using Odor Lockers flushable litter 2 weeks ago and haven't had any problems with it clogging the toilet. It's cool how when you drop the clumps in the toilet they immediate start breaking apart. I think I remember reading on their website that Odor Lockers is safe for septic systems as well but since I'm on the city sewer system I'm not so concerned about that. I got the unscented kind so there's no strong smell. It works great for eliminating waste odors except when Junior decides not to cover his stool. But I just use the scoop and cover it up for him.

Has anyone else had a good/bad experience with Odor Lockers?

Mez

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never put flushable litter down a septic tank. I don't recommend you do it for any toilet - even if the litter says its ok. What's the big deal in just putting it in a plastic bag and tossing it in the normal trash?

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't even try it. I dont have septic but city sewer system.But
who needs this hassle, not me. I keep newspaper close by and
put the nasty's in the paper wrap it up and take it the down do my attached
garage where I have an old litter plastic bucket with a plastic large kitchen
size trash bagit it. Throw out with normal trash once a week.

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know some litters are natural and flushable but will say on the package that they are not septic tank safe (I think Tidy Cats High Performance is one of those), Worlds Best says this on their website:

WORLDâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]S BEST CAT LITTERâ„¢ is clumpable and scoopable. AND it is septic safe, so you just scoop the clump and flush* it, eliminating the need for changing the litter box!

*The State of California encourages the disposal of cat feces in trash and discourages flushing cat feces in toilets or disposing of them in drains.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been using WBCL and chicken feed (same thing minus the odor addatives) and have just started using the "papurr scoop" litter.

No problems with flushing any of the three...
That said, when flushing a load (clumps of both types) I let it sit in the toilet and "break down" some before flushing.

Also, I don't know about WBCL, but papurr's website says that it is "septic safe"... Which is great considering that I have a septic tank... I figure with the amount I flush each day, it's equivilant to having 1 more adult person in the house (volume wise).

Art

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I always try to go by the rule, if you didn't eat it don't flush it. Of course toliet paper is an exception.

I would worry that over time it would build up in the U bend or somewhere else. It would be too easy to clog something. I mean, you wouldn't flush gravel would you?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

You know, I always try to go by the rule, if you didn't eat it don't flush it. Of course toliet paper is an exception.

I would worry that over time it would build up in the U bend or somewhere else. It would be too easy to clog something. I mean, you wouldn't flush gravel would you?
I'm of the same mind. I once tried flushing the stuff I scooped out of the box (I used WBCL) and my toilet backed up so I had to use the plunger. That scared me enough that I never tried flushing again.