Does Evie have Siamese ancestry?

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is my beautiful cream tabby girl Evie. We did not see these traits when she was younger but now we are seeing these big beautiful ears and her delicate features and wondering if she possibly has some Siamese ancestry. What do you think??

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Evie is a nice look alike of an Oriental.   Not really show qualtiy, but a decent one, look alike.

Now, orientals are a sibling breed to siameses, and a siamese mixed out, loses the points, and the children of a modern siame  becomes look alikes of an oriental

So she has surely some background - either orientale or modern siamese. May be very recent, alike a natural dau.    If a breeder known to breed orientales sold her to you telling she is not meeting the show standars, so that is why he sells her as pet quality cheaply, I would believe it, even without proper papers.

What is her background story, as far as you know it?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She was a shelter kitty. Born in a shelter. I saw her there with her mother and 4 siblings at 3 days old. Mom was an orange tabby for sure. Evie's 4 siblings were 3 males (1 long hair and three short, orange tabby) and 1 female orange tabby also short haired. She was the only cream. No idea what dad was. No special background other than me commenting to the shelter staff that I wished she was old enough to take home and 6 weeks later I got an email about her and went and picked her up :). I just wondered with those big ears and her very petite frame and sharp lines if there could be anything in her ancestry.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She was a shelter kitty. Born in a shelter. I saw her there with her mother and 4 siblings at 3 days old. Mom was an orange tabby for sure. Evie's 4 siblings were 3 males (1 long hair and three short, orange tabby) and 1 female orange tabby also short haired. She was the only cream. No idea what dad was. No special background other than me commenting to the shelter staff that I wished she was old enough to take home and 6 weeks later I got an email about her and went and picked her up
. I just wondered with those big ears and her very petite frame and sharp lines if there could be anything in her ancestry.
Yes, as said, she almost certainly has.   Mom wasnt a bigger copy of her  Oriental-tabby look alike?  So mom wasnt the oriental / modern siamese?

And siblings werent copies either, as you wanted her??

If none of the siblings were clear cut copies of her, bodywise, so the ancestry is probably further back than the dad.  Grandda or grandma perhaps.  But Im pretty sure there is an ancestry.  This look is quite typical.  So I do agree with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! No her siblings were all definitely orange in color and it was her cream color that stood out to me as I had been looking for a cream tabby female. When we adopted her she was 6 weeks old and her features were not that distinct at that time so I'm sure her siblings are the same. I never got a good look at moms face only at her orange tabby side as she was nursing. Some of her siblings were orange with white and she also has a little white on her. I don't believe mom was pointed or oriental, though I can't be sure because I didn't get a good look at her face. I agree probably a grandparent. She is beautiful and sweet, social and loves a good cuddle either way :)