Does everyone's cats do this?

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not fair!!!

I thought it was bad enough that my 6 month old loved the bathroom, but now my 6 week old is loving it too!! She won't drink water out of a bowl but will happily lick the floor of the shower!! I give up!!

*Shakes her head in disbelief*

I have water cats!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's such fun reading everyone's stories! Here are some of mine:

When it was just Clydie and me, I maintained a strict closed-door policy, and he didn't seem to mind. But Pearl had other ideas. No sooner did I close the bathroom door than she plastered herself to it, weeping and wailing as if it was the end of the world. I held out for a few weeks, but she showed no sign of outgrowing it, so I had to give in. Now I leave the door ajar, and Pearl hops up on the counter beside me, puts a paw on my shoulder, and rubs her cheek against mine the whole time. Such a darlin.

When the open-door policy took effect, Clyde became curious and started observing my showers. On the fourth or fifth day, I was toweling my hair dry when I noticed that Clyde had hopped up on the edge of the tub. He looked at me, looked into the tub, looked at me... and then, by golly, he stepped down into the tub, looked at me again, and began to give himself a bath! As if to say, "Okay, I get it. This is where we bathe."

There's a cabinet in my bathroom that's mounted very high, the top of it not more than nine inches from the ceiling, and I didn't think there was any way for the kitties to get up there. But recently, I replaced my transparent shower curtain with an opaque one, and the first time I showered with it, I looked up to see my little rascal Pearl crouched up on top of that cabinet, peering at me over the top of the shower curtain like Snoopy playing vulture on top of his doghouse. :-)

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another one here. We have a Taiwanese shower thing going, which means no tub, no shower stall, just an open bathroom with a shower stream. Mitts watches us take showers, and then, when there is water all over the floor draining out, SITS in it and listens to the drain!
And then promptly runs to his litterbox so he can jump in there with wet kitty feet!
And then runs straight to our bed.
(that one's not so cute.)

He also sits on hubby's shoulder when hubby is sitting on the toilet!

And if one of us goes to the bathroom when he isn't busy being a cat somewhere else, he will scream and cry outside the door like we haven't fed him in weeks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cat's Absolutely love my see through shower curtain with the little frogs on it. Sibohan likes to sit on the back of the Toilet while Duke likes to impersonate a rug, Duke also has a love affare with my towel, if he can get his little paws on it it's instantly his new bed. This is how I end up furry every day. When I moved into my new apartment the Cats segrigated themselves in the bathroom, they seem to feel that they are masters of the bathroom universe and the rest of the apartment is the danger zone.

hbrady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Josie insists on an open door policy at our house. When I'm on the potty, she plays peek-a-boo with me from behind the shower curtain. Recently she started a thing about insisting to drink out of the faucet. Anytime I was in there for anything, I had to turn the faucet on.
So, now she has a water fountain/bowl in the kitchen.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great to know mine aren't alone in their bathroom fascination!

As soon as go into the bathroom in the morning Max will jump into the bath and we'll play 'bat the finger' whilst I use the toilet (he sits in the bath, I put my finger on the edge, and he trys to hit it before I pull it back). Alfie then jumps in the bath too and plays with Max through the shower curtain. I then feed them in the kitchen and jump in the shower, when they're done eating they'll come back into the bathroom and either watch me, or explore behind the toilet and sink to see if anything has changed since they explored there yesterday!

Max usually jumps in the bath after my shower and slips around in the water, then jumps back out again and runs as if he had NO CLUE whatsoever that he'd get wet (even after doing the exact same thing the day before)!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's a cat thing..as soon as I get out of the shower Reilly jumps in and sits in the tub.
such a weird little kitty!

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by linus4lola

My cats, too, insist upon "supervised" showers. They sit and meow outside the curtain (I have to peek out every once and a while to show them I'm okay). And after the shower, they will meow non-stop, until I am dry and pet them. I have decided that it is because they think I'm CRAZY for fully immersing myself in this "evile water spray" and that they meow until comforted and accepting of the fact that I have "survived" the danger of the shower :-)
I love these stories!!
I know it may seem strange, but I can't wait for Tola to do all this! She is still shy of the bathroom, but slowly coming around, and now I put her litter box in there so she knows it's an okay room. Finally after 2.5 weeks when I go to the bathroom she waits at the door or peeks around and looks at me.

My old cat used to do the same things as above. ALWAYS come into the bathroom when I was in there (never my boyfriend) and use her litterbox at the same time. When I took showers she wasn't very interested. but baths!! oh god, she wouldn't leave me alone!!

pennylane3000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This stuff is too cute...Lenny has discovered he fits perfectly in the bathroom sink and I'll frequently find him just laying in it, not napping or anything, just sitting there!

Also, we have 2 shower curtains and he jumps on the edge of tub between the 2 while either one of us is showering. Besides there's lots of fun things to play with in the bathroom: hairbands, earings, necklaces, hairclips etc. Who wouldn't want to play in there all the time?!?!