Does cat spay incision look healthy/healed

Sneaky72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
I spayed my female cat 10 days ago and as i read online it is ok to remove collar after 10 days but im a bit worried as my cats incision doesnt look like the rest of the pictures i saw online.

i may be over reacting but i need the reassurance to sleep at night.

Overall thank you so much for your feedback!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks good to me. No undue redness or puffiness, no oozing. I think that you are fine. Watch her the first day, and if she worried with it overmuch, put the cone back on and have your vet take a look at it. I bet, after the first hour, she doesn't.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks good to me also, at 10 days it should have healed sufficiently but as said above, keep an eye on her and replace collar if she is over cleaning the area.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty was spayed 8 days ago, and I've been keeping a close eye on her incision. The vet's reccomendation was to have the cat wear the collar, and so I did. I would only remove it during the meals and the minutes after that to allow her to groom a little.
I'm also taking a photo of the incision every other day.
On day 6 I sent the photo to the vet who said to keep the cone a few days more, but on that very day I realized the kitty was getting really mad at it and peed on the floor outside the tray. So, I promptly removed the collar.
The incision looked a lot like your cat's. In my case I thought the moment had come to give her freedom back.

Anyway, the incision looks great on your cat ;)