Does anyone use tanning salons?

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally - I am in the same boat as you. I have not taned for a number of years, I canged jobs and it was just tooo inconvenient. If it bothers you that much why not use a self tanner cream on those spots...

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when I used to go to tanning I would do 20 minutes sessions. The first 10 I would do standard on my back. The next 5 minutes I would roll on my right side, put on leg in front of the other and raise my arms above my head.. The last 5 min I would switch to my left side same position. It worked really good when I did it..

However-----now I use sunless tanners because I'm worried about the damaging effects of beds and the sun. I can get a better color from a bottle than a bed but it requires MUCH more maintenance..

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you seen anything about the airbrush tanning method? You get nekkid and they airbrush sunless tannng stuff all over you. I read that it can last about 6-weeks.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
actually the airbrush thing lasts a week at most but i'd give it 4 days. The active ingredient in sunless tanners (airbrush solutions included) is a chemical called DHA which only affects your outermost layer of skin. That skin is shed over the course of 3-7 days and things like exfoliating and taking long baths will accelerate the shedding of skin. Airbrushing is also very expensive, as I almost started an airbrush tanning business, the normal charge is about $25-35 for a full body app which sucks because you have to get it redone once a week at least. Many celebrities and rich people use the airbrush because it provides the best results (like JLo's tan is all airbrush).. A lot of people get airbrushed for special occasions, but unless you're willing to shell out $30 a week for a tan it probably wouldn't be a solution. If I were to recommend anything it would just be a DIY tan from a bottle.. If you want info I recommend www.sunless.com