Does anyone use OkoPlus litter?

mishventurer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought this litter from my local pet store and the 15L ones came with a free storage box! I love the smell it smells like wood (like the wood section in IKEA) and it doesn't smell either.

It's a German brand by Cat's Best, not be confused with World's Best (which we don't have here btw) It also clumps easily and can be flushed which is great cause her litter box is in our bathroom (the dry section)

My only issue is that it tracks all over my carpet and rug and it makes it icky to walk around the bathroom after a shower. Does anyone who use this brand know any solutions to stop the tracking? I need to vacuum daily and it's driving me crazy. I wouldn't want to change her litter now because she's so good with it and has had zero accidents so far.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's the brand our local shelter uses because it's biodegradable and very lightweight. The cats track it all over the place, though. Do you have some sort of a mat you can put in front of the litter box to catch what's tracked out? There are reviews of various mats here. We've got the Blackhole Cat Litter Mat, which does a great job, but it's very expensive. IIRC, it's made in South Korea.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishventurer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's the brand our local shelter uses because it's biodegradable and very lightweight. The cats track it all over the place, though. Do you have some sort of a mat you can put in front of the litter box to catch what's tracked out? There are reviews of various mats here. We've got the Blackhole Cat Litter Mat, which does a great job, but it's very expensive. IIRC, it's made in South Korea.
I've tried a mat but my kitten being a kitten ended up playing with it and caused even more mess. So I had to take it out and now I deal with a lot of tracking too. Sigh.

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
some tracking tips: high sided box, point opening toward wall, extra long mats. i use a wood litter and it does loft but once it's done it does not get tracked elsewhere (bed, carpet table) like clay does (yuck)