Does anyone know where I can find this particular cat toy?

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to find one of those cat laser light toys, but it has to be one that I can turn on and it will stay on. All the ones I've seen so far you have to keep the button pushed down for it to work.

I have pretty bad carpal tunnel and can't keep the button pressed.

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't found one yet that I can just keep on. Anyone see this anywhere, or know where I can get one?

Thanks!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've never seen one like that. I rather suspect that they're simply not manufactured, because it would be easier to cause eye damage. The laser pointers were really "in" with kids a few years ago, and I imagine the producers were afraid of liability suits.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with jcat. I think it's a safety feature.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just tried with mine and it works if you wrap tape over the button and just slightly unscrew the end, to stop the battery contact when you have finnished playing.
Hope this helps
Anne

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have something at work that helps with that - those laser level things meant to go around corners, I stick mine to the wall close to a corner so it goes along the other whole wall but the majority of the laser sticks in the corner and let all 4 play, it has a double sided stickey to stick to the wall and an on/off button and they can't get their eyes that close to the wall to hurt them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

I have just tried with mine and it works if you wrap tape over the button and just slightly unscrew the end, to stop the battery contact when you have finnished playing.
Hope this helps
Anne
What a great idea. I'm just embarassed I didn't think of it. Duh. LOL

Thanks!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw a freestanding one at PetCo last week, it does have an auto off after 5 minutes.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had two different kinds. One is green, takes regular batteries and is pretty big comparted to most- about 7 inches long and easier on your hands b/c it is thicker. My coworker gave it to me b/c her cats didn't like it. I think she got it at either petco or petsmart.
The other kind I've seen at petsmart is a little cheapo one that they want tons of money for, but I've also seen them at the dollar store!!! These are tiny. I could suggest putting a piece of tape on them to keep it on!

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Arlyn,

I like that idea of the freestanding one. I'm going to check petco out. I never saw it at petsmart. Thanks!

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just checked out the petco website and saw the freestanding one, and it's on sale! That's even better for me for other reasons too!

This one says it has a 15 minute auto off, is it the same one? This one is green.

Anyway, I have a few extra dollars this month (God forbid I should save any) and I think I'm going to splurge it on the kitties and buy it. I should be a bit more frugal, but hey, you only live once, and not only will they love it, it will give my hands a break.

Thanks for mentioning it!