Does anyone know what he is mixed with?

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my baby Piston. He is a big boy but he wasn't when I got him from the animal shelter. He was stressed and his fur was falling out. He was underweight and not eating. He has since gotten past that. He is super vocal and super friendly but also extremely athletic. His muzzle is square but it will be hard to see because of his coloring. He is black (or looks black in most lights) and white with long hair and snowshoe paws. He always greets me at the door when I come home.

Last edited by a moderator:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, isn't he a great looking one!

I have no idea how to classify Piston.  it's like he's a tuxedo in the front, that becomes  browner out back lol.  And very very furry!  

I can't wait to see what others who know better might say but you certainly have one unique looking cat to me 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I like to think so. I think he is gorgeous. He is only brown in the sun though.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you. I like to think so. I think he is gorgeous. He is only brown in the sun though.
Aha, so he is tuxedo anyways.   Looking at the first pic, I though he was a calico - which isnt that common on males.  But he is not him either!   :)

He is very pretty, gorgious even, but mixes are seldom easy to try and classify what look alikes they may be.  I think we must settle with  domestic long hair,  color and pattern black and white tuxedo.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bump. I'm still curious.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since he's not pedigree, he would be classified as a domestic long hair, DLH, and tuxedo in color.

With his button nose a d big eyes it's possible he has Persian in his ancestry, but nothing direct, but then again because of his size it could be Maine Coon instead. Of course there's no sure way to tell, and all we can do is guess.

He is a handsome boy though, I love his eyes :)

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think he is Persian and Maine coon as well. I have an alterior motive for asking, he gets stuffy and snotty sometimes. Not to where he cannot breathe and doesn't eat but usually in the spring and fall. My vet said he is athe least part Persian and he may have allergies. So I am going in mid month to get his yearly and discuss the allergy situation. Any advice?

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our vet prescribed Benadryl tabs for my dog who has severe allergies, but where cats are so much smaller I have no idea. The tabs work wonders for her, and she has the same runny nose/watery eyes as your boy. When you go to the vet mention it to them, it's a lot more affordable than some of the prescriptions they wanted to give us.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I will definitely ask about benadryl. I just hope that kissable doll face doesn't cause him issues in the future. Best to get a handle on it while he is young.