Does anyone have this pet fountain?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a CatIt out in the garage. i found it difficult to keep clean - much prefer the Drinkwells i have now.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few of them, if the floor is uneven, water will flow in the direction of the floor, but if the floor is even, rubbing the dome has always worked for me - i usually rub water on it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fadeaway872

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Am thinking about taking it back and getting a drinkwell because no matter what I do to it, it is still not covering the whole dome. It would have been perfect for Bear, because one time I had a petmate, he would lick everywhere besides the bowl part. And they don't drink out of the sink faucet like most cats do.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fadeaway872

Am thinking about taking it back and getting a drinkwell because no matter what I do to it, it is still not covering the whole dome. It would have been perfect for Bear, because one time I had a petmate, he would lick everywhere besides the bowl part. And they don't drink out of the sink faucet like most cats do.
mine never drank from the faucet [i never offered it] & i have 5 cats - a couple drink from the stream, a couple drink from the bowl. don't know what the 5th one does - never seen her drink, altho i know she does!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fadeaway872

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I finally figured out the problem. That green thing that holds down the cord inside of it was not down all the way making it uneven I guess. What a unnecessary headache!

brookesphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had that Catit fountain for about a year and the cats loved it! ...had the same issue with water not always flowing down all sides of the dome, but it usually helped if I rubbed it with my hands. If that didn't work, it would fix it if I gave it a good scrubbing with some soap and water. I finally had to toss it because it was too hard to clean the white scale off of the "bubbles" that are formed in the plastic bowl, though. It's a shame, because they don't like their new fountain nearly as much.