Does Anyone Have A Litter Robot Iii? How Does It Work?

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now I have 3 open litter boxes. I dislike closed litter boxes. To me they feel claustraphobic and since my kitties are already doing me a big favor by pooping in a box to begin with, I want to make it easy for them.

The issue is the smell. Right away after one of them poops I can smell it, even with scented litter. I also have to dump the entire litter often because it still smells like poo after scooping, probably from all the broken up poo. I don't mind scooping, but I've been doing it 2-3 times a day and my condo still smells like poo a little.

I figure if I get an automatic litterbox, I don't to go halfway, I'd want to get the best for the best kitties. I have a little extra cash at the moment and am looking at the Litter Robot III. It came highly recommended and I'm considering picking up one of these bad boys. Does anyone have one? How does it work? Is it your only litter box?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son has one, he loves it, the cats usually tolerate it. Big cats have a problem with it. He ended up adding a regular big litter box back as well, a few of his cats, he has 4, had a problem with the litter robot III. But you may have no problems, 2 of his cats use it like a champ.

I also hate the smell of litter, and when i used clay litter i felt like everything stank, all the time. I started using, in big open boxes, a grass litter, which works great and doesn't stink to me like clay litter. Or my favorite litter Dr. elseys , very fine crystals, like sand, my guys wont use the big chunky crystals. Cats love it, no smell, and its not that expensive to use, I put about two inches in each box, clean and stir it up a few times a day, then with my guys toss it and and start over with a clean pan and litter every two weeks. you don't need to scoop pee with this litter, just stir really well, but i find i like to scoop the pee clumps anyway, and with a fine scooper you can, if you catch it before it gets to dry.

Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Respiratory Relief Silica Gel Cat Litter, 7.5-lb bag my all time favorite litter

Pioneer Pet SmartCat All Natural Cat Litter my second fav