Does anyone have a home remedy for cat stress and pill taking?

jacki59

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looking through the forum, I can't find any related to home remedy for cat stress........Buddy has a stress UTI.  He is a free roaming cat that I rescued, his story is in the new cats on the block.  Since I moved him to the laundry room he started licking his peepee alot.  I have baytril for him and started giiving it to him yesterday.  Along with a home remedy if anyone has any suggestions on giving a cat a pill it would be helpful.

on the stress, I have a feliway diffuser in there,  and also bought the spray.  Don't know for sure if it has any affect on him, my big problem is since he has been in there we haven't done laundry lol and it is growing at an alarming rate.  I was hoping someone has a suggestion....I have several essential oils lavendar being one also have pure vanilla extract,,,,,,,I have dried herbs as well so I could make a pillow of something, i just don't know what is and isn't toxic for kitties.....I don't want to stress him out more with the whole laundry problem, so if any one can help we really need to get it done lol,,,,,I read alot about rescue rememdy or the Bachs flower essence both of which i do not have and do not have the resource to purchase it quickly......

on the pill.......he smells it in whatever i have used.  I tried tuna, kittie crack (fancy feast), salmon and liverworst.  I have managed to get one pill in in 2 days.....what do you use? 

Thanks for helping....xo

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never really had any luck with Feliway, either.  But, all of mine are wearing The Calming Collar right now... Big tornado a few weeks ago stressed and traumatized them.  They are all much calmer and back to normal now.  The Calming Collar works a little differently but similar to feliway in that it is pheremones that mimic mom's pheremones to calm them.  But, it also smells really good too and they respond to it really fast.  So theres no "Keep it plugged in for a month or more because it might take that long to kick in" it's usually pretty quickly you learn if it's working or not. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jacki59

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you....where do you get the calming collar and who makes it?  I have looked for this but have had no luck finding one.  In the interest of time, I would prefer not to order it online if possible.

Ty again xo

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just get them at Petco.  Just ask for the calming collar (for cats) and they'll know what you are talking about.  My vet also carries them sometimes.  I hope that is helpful.  You can even ask at Walmart, once in awhile, they have some, too.  It's called The Good Behavior Sentry Calming Collar.

Last edited: