Does Anyone Have A Cat That Speaks?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat "talks", but not in the people word sense.

She tends to talk in her sleep though and makes the cutest sounds.

The youngest who is 7 years, also is a chatterbox and chatters away while I'm brushing her, or while I'm in the kitchen. Again, not people words, just general cute kitty sounds.

Cats are highly intelligent and Egyptians worship cats at one time. Maybe your cat is in touch with a former "human" life while it's asleep?

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our cat, Sunny, says "Mama" when she wants me, or sees me (and only me). We think it's because I call her Mama and she's responding thinking it's the greeting for two of us to use with each other. It's really cute. When she wants me, she'll go around the house saying "Mama! Mama!" until she finds me, and then lays down for some love. It's adorable!

dshadna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to have two cats that spoke two words. No and Milk. We would go to the refrigerator to get milk for something and they would sit there and look up and go "Milk".....We had some friends come over, and we all went to the kitchen for something, and I opened the fridge knowing what would happen,a nd they both did it......My friends were in shock...."WHAT DID THEY SAY!".....I'd ask the kitties, do you want some burger, they'd say NO....want milk....They'd say MILK.....only two words they ever could do. Far too many people heard it, without our telling them what the two cats would do......so they weren't biased toward thinking that the cats would say it, they heard it on their own.

They were little stinkers, they figured out together how to open the cupboard door on the entertainment center, to get to the Whiskas Treats, and then work together to get the lid off...they also did this with Pringles Ranch Style chips...they didn't like the others. They'd lick all the stuff off the pringles and get them all mushy then sit and chew for hours on a few of them....

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL!! That's so funny!!

Our Hobbes has taken a liking to Doritos, for some reason. The other night, I had a bag of them that I left rolled up on the couch. All we could hear was, crinkle crinkle...crunch crunch crunch...over and over. It was funny until I realized he was eating my Doritos! LOL!! Big ol' Stinker!! It's happened a couple times now. You'd think he would go for REAL cheese, but I guess not! This is the same cat that loves broccoli! He's got strange tastes for a kitty, I guess.

nath 1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I just listened to the video on my computer. Very funny. Towards the end, my cat approached it to watch it also, puzzled. Very amusing also!

N.