Does anyone feed their cats live mice???

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would not intentionally feed my cats any kind of live prey. I think it's cruel. My cats have plenty of nourishing food and plenty of toys, so I don't need to resort to that to feed or entertain them.

If a mouse gets into my house and they kill it before I get a chance to take it outside, well, that's just nature taking its course, but I'm not going to deliberately let them play violently with another animal. What they would do outdoors isn't a factor, since they are completely indoor cats.

I wouldn't personally feed them a frozen mouse either because I have a pet mouse and it would feel weird, but I do think that's more humane and hygienic if you feel your cat absolutely must have mice.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why the pet industry don't sell canned or kibble mice meat?
I totally agree and posted so on another thread. Can a TCS member make a mice wet food? Maybe it doesn't need to be deboned since cats eat all of a mouse. Do they?

I could never feed my cat a live mouse, but I am getting more and more interested in finding a dead mouse from a pet food store for her. The thing is that I think she is "spoiled" on wet food and kibble and would just stare at the dead mouse. She just stared at a raw chicken wing when I offered it to her after reading about it on this site.