Does anyone famous come from your area?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a Memphis girl, born and raised. The list of "famous" people from this area is pretty huge
I can actually add one to whatever list you might have.  And you could probably even meet this guy, and not know it.

I have a friend there who is a pretty darn good drummer.  He lived in LA, for a while, doing session work.  If you've heard "Walk Like an Egyptian," you've heard him, because that's him on the drums (none of the Bangles actually played drums).

He and his brothers are all musicians, more or less professionally, and play all over town there.  His brother even has a grammy for some work he did with a university group, I believe.  You'll know his car if you see it; he drives a rusty T bucket with "7" on the side.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They did a thing on CBC news tonight and there are 36 current NHL stars from Saskatchewan, although that covers a huge area. From my home town, 3 retired hockey stars and there is one from the next town over and a high profile politician from the next town the other direction. To widen the net to the SE trading area, we have native film star Jimmy Herman, artist Joe Fafard, recording artist Brad Johner. Newest claims to fame: The Breast Friends charity cookbook group who just won the award for the best charity cookbook in North America and Yann Martel, author of The Life of Pi. Saskatchewan was also home to the late great Leslie Neilson, and to Shirley Douglas and she and her son, Keifer, still have vacation property here, Also numerous people in assorted sports.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meryl Haggard Singer

Buck Owens Singer

Frank Gifford Football

KORN Group

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rick Mears Indy racer[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Casey Mears Nascar[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kevin Harvick Nascar[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To name a few[/font]

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Rock Hudson, Ann-Margaret, Bruce Dern and Charlton Heston all graduated from my high school. Adam Baldwin is the same age I am, we went to school together from kindergarten through high school and traveled in the same "friends" circle for a while though weren't personally friends per se. We were even in the same drama class. :lol3: (I sucked, and had no interest in acting). The ironic thing about it is that in 5th - 8th grade or so he was considered a bully. :lol3:

Anyone remember Don Kirschner's Rock Concert? I went to school with his daughter.

A.C. Nielson's son wanted to date me...

Let's see... Donald Rumsfeld, Bobbi Brown, Bill Murphy (my best friend dated his younger step-brother), Harold Ramis... Scott Turow...

And sports people, I wouldn't know. :dk:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know of 2 from nearby; an actor and a country singer.  If I've got my dates right; the country singer went to high school with my BFF's older sisters but they have no clue who he is.  I could go 
 on them. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Bradley Cooper, Pink, Will Smith, Tina Fey, Kobe Bryant.
Bill Cosby, Grace Kelly, Richard Gere, Kevin Bacon, Jack Klugman, John Barrymore, Teddy Pendergrass, Wilt Chamberlain, Jim Croce, Bruce Davison, Michael Landon, Pearl Bailey, Frankie Avalon, Chubby Checker, John Coltrane, John Oates...

List of people from Philadelphia