Does Anyone Else's Kitten Do This?!?

snuggle-luvr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, so one day I was just messing with my kitten, playing with her favorite toy, a wiggly snake. I threw it and she ran after it, with much gusto, and then proveeded to pick it up and ardously carry it back to me. She then placed it by my lap and whined, which most Siamese tend to do, for me to throw it again. So then, we enjoyed our nice first game of KittyGoFetch.

My cat also seems to lick people like a dog. This may be an issue with shyer people, because her tongue hurts, but for me it is rather enjoyable. If it is abnormal/innapropriate behavior for a cat, please let me know how to stop it.

muddytonix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I can tell you I had a cat named Chillin that played kitty fetch with me. He used a q-tip. He would play with it for hours or until I got tired of tossing it for him.
The licking this my cat now Speedy does. But he likes to lick right b4 he chews on us. I have had a few cats that like to like. It was never any problem with me.
I have a cat right now that will chew and lick and suck on my hair now that drives me nuts. I also had a main coon that would honk like a goose. We always had geese flying over our house so he tried to do the honk too. lol

selfhope

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat fetches... sort of. He'll pick up toys I throw and bring them about 3/4 of the way back to me. Then he'll drop them, trot the rest of the way back and look up at me expectantly. Argh!!! LOL
If there's any way I can teach him how to do it right, please clue me in....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snuggle-luvr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats so cute! My cat whines like a baby. She is a Siamese, so she can also say NO, in a very strange and mutilated voice. I feel like I am raising a 2 year old right now

Do any of your cats talk like that?!?

We have a Siamese and Tabby. What kinds of cats do you have?

muddytonix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Speedy has a rough sounding meow. When it is dinner time and he wants his food now he will stand in the kitchen and walk around going meow but it sounds like now. It is so cute. I always tell my husband Floyd that Speedy is paging him for his dinner.
I ahve 2 gray tiger stripes and old man Speedy he is a black and white old man. His black is starting to turn more white.

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mac likes to fetch pipe-cleaners. He will also lick your hand when he's feeling affectionate (not very often).

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuggle-luvr

Ok, so one day I was just messing with my kitten, playing with her favorite toy, a wiggly snake. I threw it and she ran after it, with much gusto, and then proveeded to pick it up and ardously carry it back to me. She then placed it by my lap and whined, which most Siamese tend to do, for me to throw it again. So then, we enjoyed our nice first game of KittyGoFetch.

My cat also seems to lick people like a dog. This may be an issue with shyer people, because her tongue hurts, but for me it is rather enjoyable. If it is abnormal/innapropriate behavior for a cat, please let me know how to stop it.
I don't think it's abnormal. She is a siamese, and I think they tend to be more dog like. So, it's most likely perfectly normal behavior for a siamese.

tinkker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I own a Siamese anything she does doesnt suprise me she rules the house my three other cats and my dog and oh my gosh does she lick and yell

byclops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, my boys play fetch...with plugs!!!!! Chase *used* to fetch a white rubber washer/ring, but that disintergrated, and both boys now play fetch with a white sink plug!!!

Here's Chase...

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a female that loves to play catch with toy mice and yes, we have two lickers...we like it, it is sweet.

minx|bacardi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby white kitten is said to be 'part' siamese.. He's a real chatter, chat chat chat all day, he loves it when we answer him

In regards to licking, he loves to lick, but only when he's very sleepy/relaxed and lying right up next to my face....he really only licks me though, maybe i taste better than everyone else? :p

He's also like a dog in the fact that once i'm home and he's awake he follows me *everywherE* if im not in the room, he'll find me, and then chat, chat chat chat....

I think it's adorable, the licking i don't mind unless im trying to sleep, but i usually find a firm no will stop him, until next time!

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jazz is a very licky cat and spends ages washing my face if she can reach when we're cuddling. She also sucks my thumb
She plays a kind of fetch with pingpong balls on the stairs- I throw one up, she chases it down, but when she gets it within about two metres of me it becomes my problem and she leaves me to retrieve while she goes back to the stairs and waits expectantly for the next throw.

moxymom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats aren't much in the way of "fetchers" but my baby, Tiger, is a big time kisser...LOL The first time he did it I was sitting there like, ok, he's cleaning me for feeding...when to the teeth come in? ROFL. BUT, they never did...it's not unusual for him to sit on my lap for an hour kissing my hand....I was shocked to be honest

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

*tongue in cheek* No, dogs tend to be more Siamese-like. *grin*
TouchÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]. Since we are owned by 2 Siamese, I have to agree - nothing surprises us.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gracie plays fetch, along with bringing me her toys to play. I usually wake up in the morning to find several of them in the bed. She's also a licker, which I've heard is the ultimate form of cat affection. I think it's totally adorable!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ranger

Jazz plays a kind of fetch with pingpong balls on the stairs- I throw one up, she chases it down, but when she gets it within about two metres of me it becomes my problem and she leaves me to retrieve while she goes back to the stairs and waits expectantly for the next throw.

Pixel plays this version of fetch, but she gets slightly closer to me than your kitty does! She prefers soft items, like sponge balls or facial tissue footballs. Cable is more of a kitty soccer fan - she wants me to throw something, but i NEVER get it back!
i think it's sweet when they lick you... i wouldn't try to stop it - it may stop on its own, as your baby gets older...Cable used to lick me a lot more than she does now

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
none of my cats have, but i had a friend who's cat loved to fetch, if you would wad a piece of paper into a ball and throw it he would fetch all day

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovey also fetches but his faves are those super high bouncing balls that kids like.
I have tried pom poms or other things as I was worried about choking but he LOVES the bouncy ball..

He will either toss it back to me, drop it by me or put it in my hand.

Its normal.
Lovey also licks but not for long and usually when he is grooming himself.

I think he is just trying to tell me I am lazy and should be grooming myself too.

C