Does anyone else suffer from horrendous migraines?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Thezookeeper

I have never had a mirgaine but my aunt has them EVERY day and my Grandma use to get them. My Grandma also use to get them every day but when she turned 75 they all of the sudden disappeared and she never had another one. She would get so sick for days at a time. My aunt hopes that her migrains will disapear soon too. She started getting migrains at age 2 and she still gets them.
they do usually get better w/age, & eventually totally disappear. my Grandma still got the auras, but not the headaches after a certain age.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know so many people got these. It is super rare for me to even get a headache.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I get mine from tension. I hold all my stress in my neck area and once it gets bad enough they lay me out for days sometimes. I used to take maxalt but because the migraines were stress related it did little to nothing for relief.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^If it's from muscle tightness in your neck then a muscle relaxer would probably do more for you. I take one when there's too much tightness and it will cut a headache off completely. Make sure you don't have any other problems in your neck and if this has been going on too long - get an x-ray as that chronic tension can lead to problems (such as spurs forming). Other then that, heat and muscle creams may help.

Originally Posted by cococat

I didn't know so many people got these. It is super rare for me to even get a headache.
Rub it in why don't you.

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have suffered with migraines for over almost 20 years now. I've been on nearly every medication out there. I haven't yet found a preventative that works. I take imitrex or maxalt (or other types like it) when they get bad, and sometimes it helps, but often times it does not. Whe it gets to the point where I can't handle it anymore I go to the ER and get IV drugs.

Last summer I got a surgery that has helped some. The surgery is still considered experemental, so insurance would not cover it. My parents paid for the surgery. The doctors went in through my eyelids, and stripped away alot of nerves and muscles in between my eys, up into my forhead. It's kind of like permanent botox. It seemed to help alot until the fall weather hit. I'm now back up to having at least 4 migraines per week. The one thing that I have noticed since my surgery, is that my migraine medications work alot better now. I'm not sure why. Here are some photos that we took in the days after the surgery. My eyes actually swelled completly shut for three days. I was on pain pills for awhile.... it really hurt! Would I do this surgery again? In a heartbeat. Before the surgery, nine times out of ten, my migraine medication did NOTHING. Now it works alot better.

3 days home from the hospital

day 6

day 9

day 10

day 12

day 14

As you can see, my entire face swelled up, it was horrid. People stared and small children were afraid of me.
To look at me now, you would never know that I had anything done. I can raise my eyebrows still, but I can't furrow them or glare like I did before. If you look closely at my eyelids now, you can see very faint scars, but they are getting to be less and less with time. I'm hoping that when the warm weather hits and we get less weather fronts, that my migraines will be like they were at the end of last summer. We shall see.