Does anyone else play with their cat in the bathroom?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You really close the door to the bathroom?!?!?

Unless there is company over, I don't dare close the door. The times that I do I'll open it to find 5 or 6 critters (both dogs and cats) tapping their feet at me and looking very cross. I'm not sure that I've ever walked into a bathroom without someone following me. They usually just want me to pet them, but 1 of our bathrooms (the master) has quite a few cat toys that I'll toss around to play with.

Our master bathroom is pretty big. I got out of the shower last week to find our 3 dogs, the neighbor's dog, and 6 cats waiting for me. The smallest of these dogs is 60 pounds. It was pretty crowded in there.

Originally Posted by Keycube
What a good meowmy you are - building her a perch on the tub so she can keep an eye on you while you are in there!

zephyer78

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL tooo funny, Autumn is facinated when I go to the bathroom! She allways follows me in, and if she missed me (which is rare) she will come RUNNING when I flush.. she like to supervise the water going down! Also she like to sit on the side of the tub when I shower or take a bath.
, you made my day ..I thouhgt I was the only one who went to the br with her cat!!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a container for the used litter next to the toilet. Dusty will jump on the lid and tickle my butt cheeks with her whiskers. I think she is smelling my butt! She also will jump in the tub when I am getting ready to take a bath. She will jump out when I turn the water on though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

You really close the door to the bathroom?!?!?
LOL, yah, the one bathroom I do....its on the main floor and if someone were to knock at my house door they could see in through the side window and view half of me on the toilet. So I close that one, not usually fully closed unless I'll be in there for a bit

Its the only bathroom I can reach the door while sitting on the toilet.... the other bathrooms Kizzy comes right in and waits with me LOL....doesn't really do anything, just sits there and watches me

Glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying bathroom kitties LOL.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I take a hand mirror and make a reflection on the bathroom ceiling for Speck. He chatters like a chipmunk when he sees a light. Daisy is fascinated by water; she sits on the edge of the tub and threatens to dive in the water. Siamie, my elderly cat, loves to be combed. She follows me in the bathroom, and sits in front of the closet where the cat comb is kept. She cries until I comb her hair.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No closed doors here. I discovered tonight that Dorian sprays on the bathroom door if I close it.
I always have assistance when showing or using the bathroom.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keycube

The bathroom is "Priss's Place". The moment I make a motion towards the bathroom, she follows right behind, and climbs up onto her perch until I turn the tap on for her.
If that isn't an 'I want something' face, I don't know what is. Building her that perch must have grown her sense of entitlement enormously...

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread cracks me up. It's funny the things you think you are alone in that other pet owners share. My dog usually insists on laying in the bathroom with me when I shower. The cats don't seem to care, but Sterling likes to jump into the bath when it's still wet and lap water.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You guys, this thread has to be my favorite yet!

Johnboy & Billy both bolt to the bathroom the second they know I'm headed that way.
If for some weird reason they don't notice, I make sure to call them to come along.. if I don't they will dig & meow at the door like "omg, she totally just locked us in THE REST OF THE HOUSE."
While Johnboy likes to play, Billy insists it's relaxin' & nappin' on the lap time. Who needs reading material?! Not most cat people!

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ROFL I'm so glad I'm not the only oddball that does this. Bella follows me everywhere and the bathroom is no exception. Before I use the toilet I'll close the door so that there's just a small crack, and Bella will put her paw under it and try to open it. If she gets through before I'm done, I will let her explore the bathtub (which she's fascinated with) for a few moments before moving the shower curtain and making her jump about two feet in the air! Hahaha now that's entertainment.