Does anyone else have Vertigo?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only ever had it once, and my doctor just gave me some pills to fix it...Sorry, I can't really help as I don't have it regularily...That sucks Nikki..hopefully you can figure out what causes it to onset in you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have only ever had it once, and my doctor just gave me some pills to fix it...Sorry, I can't really help as I don't have it regularily...That sucks Nikki..hopefully you can figure out what causes it to onset in you.
I'm sorry you had a spell with it. Thankfully your doctor took care of it
/ They do know the cause of mine- and it is treated daily, so that usually keeps it in check very well
it's just once in a while that my symptoms flare up and cause a spell reguardless of medicine and other measures. When that happens, i can't function. But other than that, i'm usually good to go thanks to my medicine and awesome doctor

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Its the most awful feeling eh? I hated it when I had it.
I've never been so scared when I had it. Even now 20 years later, I hold my breath when I stand up too quickly.

Nikki, I really have to admire you being able to cope with it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I've never been so scared when I had it. Even now 20 years later, I hold my breath when I stand up too quickly.

Nikki, I really have to admire you being able to cope with it.
thankyou. i really don't think it's that admirable though- i'm just really blessed to have a excellent doctors who are able to help me deal with my symptoms so that i can function. without my medicine, i cannot drive, walk long, take hot showers..you name it- i can't function. so i feel really blessed to have good medicine that works (most of the time
)
/ I agree with you though- it is an extremly scarry feeling- before I was diagnosed and put on a medicine that worked....i had dizzy spells all the time- including a few in my car- now keep in mind, i faint sometimes when i have them or completly black out....i really think i just had angels watching over me those times, because i was able to get my car over to a lot and park it without passing out before hand and hitting someone. when I came to those times, i called my mom and had her pick me up- once i've had a dizzy spell, i ususally have more and can't drive/ do much for the next few hours. for me, having a spell in my car is the scarriest- but thankfully that hasn't happened in a really long time

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nikki, Bless your heart
I don't know how you function with all these issues you have, you're making me a nervous wreck!!!
na, don't be a nervous wreck lol....you can't be cause i don't need to be
. / Mostly it's just my GI issues that bother me - but once in a while my vertigo will act up a bit too- nothing too bad thankfully- since it's controled
. / I'm going in for another biopset/scope on Thrs, so maybe my doctor will figure out my GI issues afterwards and solve that
that would rock. / hehe, tonight i forgot i was lactose intolerant (it's hard when you're used to eating/drinking something for 21 yrs and then you can't have it anymore) -well, i forgot and ordered the most deliscious Vanilla Caramel custard milkshake- and omg! it was sooooooo good! but it made me sooo sick
- i really gotta watch out for these things and remember that i can't have anything yummy anymore