Does anyone else choose not to vaccinate?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my country house we have never done any vaccinations and our last cat was 19 years old - never did he get any special diet or visited vet. Most of them have been running around freely around the county house and died in their old age.

At the same time, my friend who had an indoor cat, who had been vaccinated, managed to get out to the streets and was caught  by the animal catchers and taken to the shelter,  picked up a sickness  in there that killed  her within few days.

So in my opinion it all depends on situation, risks of getting sick (rabies in the area etc) and your inner feeling. Vaccination can be good, but at the same time it doesn't save from everything.
Thank you for your post. You raise a good point, vaccines will not protect your cat from everything. My cats are indoors and scared to death of the outside. The only way they would get out is if there was a natural act of God disaster. In that event we would have a lot to worry about besides the cats being outside. I am seeing a strong correlation between cats living a long time and vaccines. I am finding that cats that get regular vaccines have more illnesses and live shorter lives. Cats that do not get vaccines besides maybe their kitten shots often live well into their teens. It is pretty convincing evidence vaccines and the health of a cats. Vaccines are not without their risks as well. In my case Indy is allergic so that makes it even more likely that the vaccines will cause lots of problems.

Last edited: