Does Anyone Else Bullet Journal? What Do You Think Of It?

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Have any of you tried "bujo" journal -- a style of journalling that is said to improve time management and daily habits? If so, do you think this planning technique is helpful or more like a marketing gimmick pushed by self help guru's?

This year, I just started a bullet journal for but I've collected free print outs since early 2018 as a way to "practice" a style before I went and ruined one of my expensive moleskine planners.

For me, planning out the month a little in advance has helped me. I prefer to do that rather than create a daily spread. I only really have to focus on that one page of the month and maybe a little mini calendar featuring the upcoming month.

Keeping track of my schedules is definitely not one of my strengths and neither is time management. It's not helpful when I use apps because I won't check them regularly. I'll be candid and say that part of that struggle might be due to my Autism, lack of discipline and poor executive function. Bullet journalling (and Am*zon echo) improved those struggle areas in a relatively short amount of time. In any case, I thought I'd share about that here on the forum.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried it yet, but I saw some youtube video's about it. I'm always trying to get organized. I like the decorating part. Time management is not my strength either. It goes against my nature, I like being spontaneous. Sometimes I procrastinate and put off the yucky tasks.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get the general concept but using one seems super complicated :confused: From the articles I've read, even the official web site, you have to set aside a few pages in the beginning of the notebook for an "index", then pages set aside for every week for a year, then pages set aside for every month of a year. I think one I saw said to set aside pages for every day for a year. You'd need a huge 500+ page notebook or a 3 inch binder to contain all those pages. Then you have to constantly update the index page and the related pages every time you make a change to an item like moving an item to another day to complete so you can keep track. :dizzy: :dizzy:

Lots of people like bullet journals and that's great :agree: There are bullet journals with really creative doodling and decoration.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep a running grocery list, a list of my to do projects, and a calendar for the year with all the birthdays, anniversaries, appts. on it for the whole year, done up on January 1st. Same calendar has magazine subscriptions and their ending dates, eye/dentist/ dr. appts from last year so I know when to reschedule, when yearly things are done, such as changing water RO filters, times to put salt in softner, times to apply yard fertilizers, when I planted garden seeds,etc. on a separate paper taped to the back. It is my lifeline!