Does Anybody Watch Timeless?

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No one that I know in the "real world" seems to watch it, and I would like to have a place to discuss it on the Internet. Maybe we could start a little group here? I HATE it that IMDb got rid of their message boards. That was my go to place to discuss all of my favorite shows, and it was fun--even if I was routinely called all sorts of names and told to kill myself when I disagreed with someone else's opinion or spoke poorly about a fictional tv character. :D Hmm...Maybe that's why they got rid of the message boards? :flail: The trolls don't bother me. I actually rather enjoy them, but I guess some people are too easily "triggered."

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on the show. Maybe we can get a good, friendly discussion going!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really enjoy Timeless!!! :agree: the story line is very interesting, sometimes makes me wonder which 'side' is the good side. and i love that historical events are woven into it, too!

i only watch it when i'm subscribed to Hulu, so there are long periods of time that i'm not able to watch the show, and then i'll catch up on it. :D

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like watching it as well. I am still curious if NBC decided to renew it or not. I haven't heard anything either way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
From what I read, NBC was supposed to make a decision one way or the other after the season 2 finale aired, but it has been over a month and they still have not made up their minds! I know because I am a little obsessed and check for news about it daily. I don't know what is taking so long. I hate waiting.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i really enjoy Timeless!!! :agree: the story line is very interesting, sometimes makes me wonder which 'side' is the good side. and i love that historical events are woven into it, too!
Yes, it is very interesting and far better than all of those dumb reality shows and competition shows that they keep churning out. I find that I learn something new in almost every episode.

I do wish they would have kept Flynn as more of a villian for a little longer though. It was much more interesting when they were going against him, as opposed to now, when they are just facing off with Emma. Emma is just annoying to me.

Last edited:

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so mad! The news broke yesterday that Timeless has been officially cancelled and there will be no season 3. They said that NBC might agree to do a two hour movie to wrap up the series, but I doubt it. They strung the viewers along for six freaking weeks before making a decision to cancel it. I hope that Netflix or Hulu agrees to pick it up, but it seems unlikely. I know Hulu shows reruns of the show, but I don't know if they would be willing to make new episodes. So much for my favorite show. It seems that no one watches good scripted, creative shows like this. It's the reality garbage that thrives for season after season.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww, well that just sucks. I liked that show.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched Timeless also.. one of my favorite shows, which I looked forward to enjoying.

I loved the way it did bring some history into the series. This year was a bit too much with the wife coming back, Flynn joining the team, etc.

Unfortunately, it is cancelled. sigh.. '
All the good shows get cancelled.

It really did not stand a chance, being on Sunday nights. That is usually a death knell for any programs, due to sports.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have heard that some die hard fans on Twitter raised enough money to fly a "Save Timeless" banner over comic-con in San Diego. I think it is supposed to happen on July 21st, if I am not mistaken. It will be interesting to see what happens!

I refuse to believe that it is cancelled yet! :redtongue:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is still cancelled.. sigh..
I really liked that show.. and the last episode, left a ton of loose endings...

Some say, there may be a 2 hour movie to put all the loose ends together... but, I am not hopeful for that....

The other show I am unhappy about being cancelled is: The Librarians.. again, another type of history entertainment show...

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have seen previews of The Librarians before and thought it looked interesting, but I never got around to watching it. Did the show have a proper ending, or was it left on a cliffhanger ending like Timeless? I don't want to waste my time watching it now if that's the case.

Anyway, there is some sort of good news about Timeless. It is still cancelled, but they are definitely going to go ahead with the two hour move/finale to wrap up the series. They will start filming in October, and it is supposed to air some time around the holiday season--I guess when the other shows are on hiatus. It really sucks that Timeless will not get a full season three, but I guess the movie is better than nothing. Maybe they can trick NBC into letting them do a twenty hour movie ? They could break it up into a mini-series like North and South or Roots. Why not?