Does anybody else in the northern hemisphere have their heat on?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

The "high" today was 16° C. (60.8° F), and most of the house was colder than that!
I think it got to 17 celcius here and I still have all of my windows open...well, when the farmers aren't burning their fields that is. There was a ban today on it so I had the windows open all day and they're still open.

I live in an apartment and heat rises, so I don't even turn on my heat in the dead of winter, and even in winter I have my windows open 1 to 2 inches all the time except when the snow is blowing right at my windows.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not yet, which is a good thing. Maintenance has to come in tomorrow and check ours. We could smell Natural Gas yesterday.
So the weekend Maintenance Man turned it off until they work on it tomorrow. I have the windows open and fans going.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's actually quite warm here at the moment; I can go out in a t-shirt comfortably during the day. A change from August when I had to put the heat on and pull out the winter duvet!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Nope we had the windows open up till supper time - then realized it was kinda chilly.....
But its been mid 60's - not cold enough to put on heat.
Same here... last week it was 96* most of the week, but this weekend its been 60s*... right now its like 50* and I LOVE IT!

Although the drastic temp change has given me a cold & fever as well, Tricia

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm in the northern hemisph... above the center line {think the Simpson's
} only just though and we still like mid 30's. Tomorrow is meant to be the first day in a long time that we don't get to even 30. We'll see.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had the radiator on in my lounge in the evenings for a few weeks now

Maisie has the radiator on all day too coz she`s old and the bedroom isn`t too warm.

Dont tell my landlord though. He`d wig out if he knew!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

I have had the radiator on in my lounge in the evenings for a few weeks now

Maisie has the radiator on all day too coz she`s old and the bedroom isn`t too warm.

Dont tell my landlord though. He`d wig out if he knew!
I'm glad we're not the only ones who turn the heat on for the cat!
I know I have the chills because I'm running a temperature (long flights always do that to me), but I wonder sometimes how he can be cold with all that fur?
He made the connection between turning the knob on the radiators and warmth when he was about five months old, and eight years later, he's still trying to turn the heat on himself.
"Dumb" animals!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'm glad we're not the only ones who turn the heat on for the cat!
I know I have the chills because I'm running a temperature (long flights always do that to me), but I wonder sometimes how he can be cold with all that fur?
He made the connection between turning the knob on the radiators and warmth when he was about five months old, and eight years later, he's still trying to turn the heat on himself.
"Dumb" animals!
Awww! Bless him! That`s a smart kitty

The landlord caught me before with the radiator on early so I said it was for Kitty as this was before Maisie arrived and he said,' But that`s what he has a fur coat for!'.
Yes but he`s small and I`m cold with wooly jumpers on.... Anyhoo, I`ve learned to keep quiet now

Hope you feel better soon!