Does anybody believe in aliens?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Not necessarily. I have heard Jesus words, "Other sheep have I that are not of this fold," as a reference to life on other planets.

Of course, that's the danger of interpreting anything.
I was just thinking of this when you posted this. I don't know if there is other worlds out there. But I feel it is very vain of us to think we are the only ones. I believe in creation but who are we to say that God didn't create other lifeforms in other galaxies? The Bible says that God said "Let us make man in our image" Does this say we are the only intelligent life? NO.

Thinking about this reminded me of an experience I had over 30 years ago, just before I met DH. I was out driving with a friend and we wanted to just go for a drive. Her daughter was asleep in the back seat. We were way out in the bluffs when we noticed a bunch of lights down in the ravine by the river. As we were driving, her headlights suddenly went off. They came back on a few seconds later just to go off again several times. She drove back to the city and stopped at an all night gas station. That was back before all the stations were self serve and there was an attendant that actually knew about cars. He checked the connections and everything was normal. About a half hour later, she drove out to the same area. The lights in the ravine were gone and her headlights stayed on. She never had anymore problems with her headlights. We always thought it was aliens on the side of the road taking samples and they did not want to be seen. It was a very strange.

DH tells me of a time he was visiting relatives in Minnesota and saw a UFO going up in the stars with flames shooting out of the back. It wasn't coming toward the earth but shoot off into stars.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo that is so cool!!! I have seen things I cannot explain, Of course the pat answer is "weather ballon" But nothing that made light go out!
Sorry, but that delights me! I would love to MEET an alien, I would be so afraid, but not, I don't think other beings would come all this way just to kill us, what would be the point?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, just to be sure we're accurate (we ARE talking science, right?), the Wright brothers first flew 105 years ago, and the Montgolfier brothers invented the balloon in 1783, so flying was not all that shocking 100 years ago.

OK, picky enough.
lol 90% of the people never saw or heard one. so for most people it was very shocking. so no.

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am happy just gazing at the stars because they are the 2nd most beautiful thing i know... but i think its possible for alien life to exist. My grandfather owns a ranch in south Texas in a small town called el souse close to Mexico and one night when I was a young boy, about 11 or 12 it was late at night and we saw an orange light in the sky and it moved so fast stayed and then it was gone... Everyone in my family thinks we made it up but was scary and it was very real.... angel? i think not...

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I believe in aliens? Absolutely. The statistics are just too strong to reject it. Just consider how many planets are in our solar system and then consider how many solar systems there could be in the universe. It is very probable that there are more planets capable of supporting a form of life. Out of the potential billions upon billions of planets out there, Earth can't be the only one which can support life.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Thre has to be other life out there. Religon has put the kibosh on that, God created this world and yadda yadda..
i've been a Christian for over 30 years, & read my Bible numerous times during those years. i've also attended church on a regular basis during that time.
i've never heard a pastor say this, & there's absolutely nothing in the Bible saying that this world is the one & only.
C. S. Lewis, a noted Christian author, actually wrote a trilogy of science fiction novels based on the idea that there WERE other worlds out there...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Thre has to be other life out there. Religon has put the kibosh on that, God created this world and yadda yadda..
sorry but you gonna have to prove that. I have never seen or head any such statements since even the pope said if there are such a thing as aliens it does not take away faith in god,

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the universe is too vast to eliminate the possibility of extraterrestrial life. I am not sure that that extraterrestrial life is intelligent and capable of awesome sci-fi feats of space travel, but I am positive that there is life out there, and it is probably intelligent life, too. That life could be at a similar stage to ours, where those beings are staring out at the vastness of space, trying to understand the things around them and wondering if anyone else is out there, too.

I do love hearing stories about extraterrestrial encounters, though, and the various myths and legends about them, including myths/legends about extraterrestrials being a part of ancient cultures and religions. I just think that is fun stuff.

I even believe in the possibility that there are multiple universes, in different dimensions. Really, I think that everything is so vast and there are so many unknowns that it is unwise to assume that we know the truth about much of anything. I try to keep an open mind to the possibilities.

I hope I live to see us visit other planets!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I do love hearing stories about extraterrestrial encounters, though, and the various myths and legends about them, including myths/legends about extraterrestrials being a part of ancient cultures and religions. I just think that is fun stuff.
Me too, thats why i watch shows about UFO's. It is so interesting to me. If anyone else has had an encounter, please tell!