Doctors shouldnt be good looking!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have started the series of pre-op checks and tests before my second knee replacement in September, and this morning I had to visit the cardiologist. I was rather dreading it because last time I saw an older man who had a speech impediment (I am sure he was a good doctor though) and I had difficulty understanding him. I thought that with my new-found deafness it was going to be really hard. So I was relieved at first when I was called by quite a young man. However, in France the first thing any doctor does if he is examining you anywhere below the neck is to ask you to take all your clothes off! And I mean all, panties included. No gowns or anything. So there I was stark naked on his couch while he prodded me with a stethoscope and attached the terminals to me for an ECG. All the while he was talking to me about his holiday in Bosnia last year (he had asked me where I had worked) and looking at me with these dark brown eyes. He really was just TOO good looking to be true - like George Clooney in early ER episodes. Most disconcerting. Anyway, I passed with flying colours and go on for the blood test and teeth Xray next week. I am sure those will be really boring after today.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No gown!? How unusual. I'd never dream of askings someone to strip down and not give them a hospital gown. We are taught both in nursing and medical school that you only expose the part of the body that you are currently assessing, and then that part gets covered up and you move onto the next. 

But I agree. There are some mighty cute doctors out there!  lol

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
All of your clothes off?!?!?!? :eek: Glad you got a little eye candy at least and that the results came back good.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I guess I'm never moving to France! 

I never worked with any cute doctors.  The first one had a combover and a hook nose.  Of course his kids were closer to my age so that might be part of it. 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My GP doctor is pretty damn good looks for doctor's around here. He's only, maybe, 5-10 yrs older than me and very nice and will explain anything you ask him to. I don't mind going to see him at all!

I can't believe they don't give you gowns for a cardiac pre-op. I mean, I could understand if it was a gyno appointment where they need to see everything anyway, but that makes no sense to me. If I lived in France I think I would stop going to the doctor 
 . I'm sure you're used to it, but I'm not!

I was mortified when I had to get a breast biopsy. Everyone was very nice but I had to take my gown off and walk across the room with the girls flopping around, then crawl up on a table (not very gracefully) and insert said boob into a hole in the table. I felt like a cow being prepared to be milked. To make matters worse, one of the nurses in attendance was a former cheerleader I went to school school with. Then the doctor comes in.  He was pretty good looking except for the fact that he looked like he just graduated high school and I'm old enough to be his mother! It just kind of took the hotness factor off the table when I realized he was going to be sticking needles in me. I didn't know whether to "moo" or run!! 

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My doctor is a good-looking, rugged guy.  Fortunately, he's not a beautiful woman.  I've had DOT physicals (the last one, for example) from women, and I can really sympathize with you ladies dealing with male doctors all the time!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My GP doctor is pretty damn good looks for doctor's around here. He's only, maybe, 5-10 yrs older than me and very nice and will explain anything you ask him to. I don't mind going to see him at all!

I can't believe they don't give you gowns for a cardiac pre-op. I mean, I could understand if it was a gyno appointment where they need to see everything anyway, but that makes no sense to me. If I lived in France I think I would stop going to the doctor 
 . I'm sure you're used to it, but I'm not!

I was mortified when I had to get a breast biopsy. Everyone was very nice but I had to take my gown off and walk across the room with the girls flopping around, then crawl up on a table (not very gracefully) and insert said boob into a hole in the table. I felt like a cow being prepared to be milked. To make matters worse, one of the nurses in attendance was a former cheerleader I went to school school with. Then the doctor comes in.  He was pretty good looking except for the fact that he looked like he just graduated high school and I'm old enough to be his mother! It just kind of took the hotness factor off the table when I realized he was going to be sticking needles in me. I didn't know whether to "moo" or run!! 
Actually my OB doesn't even make me take off my shirt.  Just unhook my bra.  Guess it saves them on gowns. 

Oh and my first nurse when I went into labor with my DD graduated high school with me.  Several girls I went to school with (and one teacher) are L&D nurses at my hospital.  That didn't bother me much.  Having about a dozen extra people rush in the room when DD wasn't breathing right immediately after birth but I wasn't done with that whole process....yeah that wasn't fun.
My doctor is a good-looking, rugged guy.  Fortunately, he's not a beautiful woman.  I've had DOT physicals (the last one, for example) from women, and I can really sympathize with you ladies dealing with male doctors all the time!

That's actually why I choose a female general doctor.  DH sees a different doctor in that practice.  But for his DOT physicals he gets stuck with whatever doctor is at the walk in place.