Do Your Kitties ask for love from each other?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

8-Bit will trill for a good five minutes waking Scratch up. Then Scratch will descend from the top of the cat tree, give a meep, and start grooming. It's so cute.
That's really sweet! At least they really do love each other deep down.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwwww i know. It's the same when they have to go to the vets for their shots. I normally take Sophie one week then Rosie the next, and when one of them is in the carrier waiting to go, the other one comes straight over to the carrier sniffing

Their both going together this year though
I've done that before - my vet actually let Slayer and Sláine keep each other company all day the day of their spays even though they were done a week apart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

All my pets cuddle with eachother. Doesn't matter who it is..They all just adore the crap out of eachother! SEE!!!
OMG that is so precious!

Heidi - I'm so sorry Ophelia isn't getting her kitty loves! And poor Ginger - Trent never learned kitty language!

And the rest - I kept going "awwwww" as I read the posts. So sweet! Of course the pics are just great!

Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

are you kidding?

although I have caught them both sleeping together..
but they'll never admit to that!
they play all the time, though!
mainly at night.
Well, that's funny you mention that.... because while they all pamper Ming Loy (after ages!) - I think they do it because they know she's handicapped or "special" or something. Because otherwise they're just like that. They'll cuddle - but it's not like they LIKE each other or anything (said in a 3rd grade voice,
).

Of course, Ming Loy often only wants to be "loved on" for so long - and when (especially Shelly) keeps going, she'll bite whoever on the ear! And then she gets smacked in the forehead... and then she flops on her back on the floor with all her paws out... (she's not really co-ordinated enough to smack back without falling over).

.... so our "awwwwwws" often turn into giggles.....

Laurie

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Awwwwww that's adorable!!! OMG and I just noticed the name of the link as well (ie. what you called the photo)
I had to see what it was, so I checked, great name!

kisskat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mischief does stuff like that. He's the big mush. Unfortunately for him Kiss wants nothing to do with it at all so when he's at his grandma's he and Mini do that to each other. One will rub up against the other and they get groomed. Because Mini is the tiny cat she curls up in between Mischief's paws and goes to sleep while he licks her head. I might have a picture of them together somewhere.

Kathie

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kisskat

Mischief does stuff like that. He's the big mush. Unfortunately for him Kiss wants nothing to do with it at all so when he's at his grandma's he and Mini do that to each other. One will rub up against the other and they get groomed. Because Mini is the tiny cat she curls up in between Mischief's paws and goes to sleep while he licks her head. I might have a picture of them together somewhere.

Kathie
Ooh, I hope you do. That sounds absolutely adorable.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nazumi is always trying to get attention from the girls. But usually he just gets hissed at.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Nazumi is always trying to get attention from the girls. But usually he just gets hissed at.

Spooky will groom Ming Loy - but it's usually the boys. She doesn't even ask from Flowerbelle any more!

What is it about the boys that they're so friendly and they girls are so hissy?

Laurie

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

What is it about the boys that they're so friendly and they girls are so hissy?

Laurie
I'm not sure, though it is usually our boy(LB) that is hissy on ocassion and the girls are friendly (unless mine are weird).
My RB kitty was a loverboy though he didn't groom Kuce - he slept with her though. (We only had him and Kuce to start with.)

Kuce still grooms LJ, LJ grooms Kuce and LB, and LB grooms LJ. They just go up to each other, sniff noses and start grooming....

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got 4 girls, ages 7 to 13- just this morning, my mom was over and told me "I think it's amazing that, for as long as you've had all your cats, none of them are friends!"

I told her, "Unless they are going to the vet...or there's a cat fight..."
Then it's all for one and one for all
. But in general... *sigh*

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby used to try really hard to get some cuddles and loves from Chynna, but Chynna doesn't like Abby and only tolerates her. The closest they ever get together is when they are waiting to be fred and then Chynna will let Abby sniff her and give her a lick on the head or two. But that's it. Once dinner is over it's back to "business" as usual.