Do your cats wear collars?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley has a spiked collar with his Harley Davidson emblems on it, and his ID tag as well

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alessandra

When I was a kid my grandmother's cats all wore rhinestone collars. They looked so pretty that I couldn't wait to have my own cats with rhinestone collars. For some reason my girls didn't share my enthusiasm. They prefer to run around "au naturel" .. the little hussies
That's what ours have. My all black cat as a black collar with rhinestones and Tara's tiger cat has a pink collar with rhinestones. They actually don't mind if they wear them or not.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diesel doesn't mind his collar, but Portia just HATES hers - I put it on for a couple of hours at a time so she'll get used to it, but she just puts her head down low and walks around like she has 20 pounds of weight on her head!!

Poor baby, she just can't stand it!

janjin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two cats have worn breakaway collars since the moment I adopted them. And they haven't mind one bit. And I'm not worried about stangulation because they come off pretty easily - I occasionally find them in closets, etc. They also were their ID tags just in case they get out.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats don't wear collars. Teddy probably could, but PJ freaks out and stops moving if one is put on her. I have a safety collar and labeled tags made for each of them in case we travel, or for when we move in the future. Both cats are microchipped and since they don't show any interest in the door, my hope is that they'll never get outside.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both our girls wear a collar with bell,their rabies tag, and their name tags on them.I personally do it for peace of mind.Blaze was outside when we found her and she is always wanting to go back out to check things out.So, I just keep them on the girls incase they get out.I have 4 kids, so the door is opened ALOT!!! I don't want either of my babies to run out the door and me not know about it and someone keep them because they don't know who the owner is.Or shoot them because they think they are strays!!!
I should add that they are breakaway collars.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have collars for my kitties, but they only wear them if they go outside. Captain is a street-wise cat (the other two aren't) so he goes out quite regularly and knows that putting on the collar (a break-away) is a pre-req to going out. The other two are interested in the outdoors but don't go out because it's scary! Other than with Captain, I just put collars on the kids when I take them for walks in case they slip their harness.

I can't afford microchipping right now and I have some questions about the process and where it goes and how it feels anyway.

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Sanura has a few that are beaded fancy ones that if she got them caught on something...they WILL break!

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Devin has a collar with an ID tag (his name & phone number), rabbies tag, adoption place tag & his mircochip tag information. It looks like it would be a bit heavy but I'm worried that the rabbies tag is important some how, might take the shelter tag off him seeing as he's probably go enough indentifiying information!

I'd hate for him to get out & get taken to the shelter & no one would even bother to scan him since he's without a collar, the general idea around here is if the cat doesnt have a collar he's an outdoor/indoor cat or a ferel. Devin's an indoor cat & goes on walks with me with a harness & a leash a few times a week.