Do your cats wear collars?

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of mine wear collars with an identification tag. I don't put their rabies tags on because it just seems too bulky for their little bodies. I take the bells off of the collars and only two have bells right now. I know one will keep her bell on, she's a new cat and I want to know where she is. The ID tags have their names on it, my phone number, and then on Taylor's, Pirate's and Sidney's I also added the words "microchip ID" because they are the only three that actually have microchips. I will not be microchipping Jade or Mama Mia because they literally have almost no way of getting outside unless my house crumbles to the floor (its so old sometimes I wonder
) geez, I still write way too much even after all this time.....

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Smudge finally got big enough to wear a collar, so yes, now all my kitties wear collars. I use the collars mostly to show that these kitties have homes. But I also took acrylic paint pens and wrote my phone number ON the collar. It's a lot harder to lose than a tag!

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ally and Ollie wear collars and are microchipped in case those collars don't hold up during an incident.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Blossom doesn't wear a collar but she is microchipped. My son used to work at a pet warehouse & brought home a few collars when she was a kitten but she freaked out when we tried to put them on. Scratching & biting, ouch.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sooty is naked

He has never worn a collar so I didn`t put one on when he came to live with me. He is indoor and at his age and level of senility I`m not going to stress him out with one.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are indoor only, they don't wear collars unless we are going to the vets or walking on a harness. Yes, I make my cats wear a collar & harness - you never know if they will wiggle out of the harness!

IF I had a outdoor cat, they would have a collar w/tag. Because around here people will shoot cats, and also deliberatly run them over. And my animal control doesn't make much effort to get animals back to their owners either, 80% euth rate.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats always wear their collars and ID tags.

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not anymore. Frank fought his way out of his in three days, never really liked it went out one morning with it on, came back and collar was nowhere to be seen. Max had one when he was little he didn't mind it as long as i remembered to loosen it as he grew. He doesn't wear it anymore but i want to get him a another one cos i just think he looked so handsome with his dark tabby fur contrasting beautifully with his little red collar.

Bourneville and Badger used to wear those nasty plastic flea collars but i like the velvet ones with the bells.

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

Mine are indoor only, they don't wear collars unless we are going to the vets or walking on a harness. Yes, I make my cats wear a collar & harness - you never know if they will wiggle out of the harness!

IF I had a outdoor cat, they would have a collar w/tag. Because around here people will shoot cats, and also deliberatly run them over. And my animal control doesn't make much effort to get animals back to their owners either, 80% euth rate.
Jeez, i'm so glad i dont live in the US. I can't believe people would shoot or deliberately run over cats!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by roobear

Jeez, i'm so glad i dont live in the US. I can't believe people would shoot or deliberately run over cats!
My ex tried running over cats in the street too...one of the many reasons he is my ex.

rain drop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ugh! That's sick that people would actually try to kill other animals like that! D:
I don't even like hunting, but killing someone's pet? Disturbing xP

Anyways, none of my cats where collars. The two old grumpy boys back at my dads place never liked them from the start, and they're getting kinda senile nowadays anyways. Plus I think it's time to put them down soon too. As for the three Himalayan that live with me, they are strictly indoor cats who don't even like a little ribbon around their neck. They only go outside in the warmer weather in the enclosed little back yard (supervised of course!) I've only just heard of this micro chipping recently so that might be something to invest in one day.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our cats dont wear collars, they are indoor/outdoor, some hardly ever go out. I am afraid they will get caught on a branch/fence as they all like to climb, my dads friend was out of town and their cat who had a collar was found hanging by the collar on the fence.....dead....it was very sad. My dog has a collar with tags just in case she ever gets loose.

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my cats are indoor cats, both microchipped and they have break-away collars with a nametag (their name, my phone #) and a tag with the microchip info on it.

Albus: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1486026434

Luna: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1486026434

Albus has never had a problem with his. We've only had Luna a few months and the first couple months, I'd find the collar somewhere around the house, but she hasn't gottn it off in a long time.

I've never had a cat really lose their fur around where the collar is. It forms a little "part", and *maybe* gets a little thin, but never completely lost the fur. To me, it's just not worth them getting out and not being able to be identified.

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They used to wear them until Zeke choked on his breakaway collar. I guess he was cleaning his neck and the collar somehow looped over his bottom teeth and was caught in his mouth and he was gagging. Fortunately, I was there shortly after it happened and cut the collar off with scissors. That was the last time either of them wore collars.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No collars, Jake doesn't like them, he prefers his neck to be free.

oceanmonster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
None of my cats in the past have worn collars, but the cat that I'm hopefully getting this week will because nowadays I'm more paranoid about losing cats. I used to live in a pretty secluded area and there wasn't a lot of traffic or places to go. But now, I live in a busy area and it would be easy for my cat to get lost out of fear or worse.