Do your cats visit the neighbours?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of our cats are indoor, so no. But we do have one barn cat that visits between here and three other houses on our road... no one knows where he came from or who he actually belongs to, but we all feed him and we all have different names for him.
John and I are the only ones that let him come in the house on occasion though, so he tends to stick around here more than anywhere else.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are indoor only but they sometimes go on trips with me and my mom gets to see her "grand-cats" and they can drive her nuts by jumping on her counters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Your neighbors are very tolerant. I know some that if some kitty had wondered into their home, they wouldn't have been so laid back about it.
I get on very well with all of my neighbours - they look after the kitties when we go away, and always stop and say hello through the window when they walk by. I'm very lucky to be in an area with so many cat people!

The neighbours know to close the back screen door if they don't want Stumpy visiting, but they generally let her in - the neighbour on one side has a cat who loves Stumpy, and our other neighbour's son loves Stumpy

Our other 2 girls don't get let outside.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

As much as I try to keep Duke inside, he does get out. He loves to visit with the people behind me.
They have two small dogs and he loves to torment them

He will sit on thier porch and DEMAND to be petted and fed
Yeah, I really tried to make Butzie an indoor cat, but her previous pets let her go outside.
She has never gone to a neighbor's house as far as I know. I am a stay-at-home Mom, so I do have an idea of what she is doing. She doesn't leave our property. We have an acre of a cat's idea of heaven. We have a schedule of when she can go out and when she has to be inside for her safety.
She could care less about the neighbor's pets. In my neighborhood, I think that I could care less about some of the neighbors, too.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitties don't go outdoors unless they have a lead attached to their harnesses. I don't have any neighbors 'down the hall', and live in an area that has a lot of dogs...so no way they are going out without me with them!!!