Do your cats talk to each other?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be in bed and hear all sorts of cat noises on the other side of the house - they're definitely not talking to me.
The kittens meow a lot (lost that feral habit fast), they also coo, trill, and purr at the adult cats all of the time.

Mostly the adults brrr and hmm at each other, but Tomas has his short meows, and Sherman chirps. Siri doesn't really like other cats... so she does the usually grumpy cat noises - though she also sounds grumpy when she's happy and asking for attention.

A lot of times they do this I've noticed it is when they're a ways away from each other or in separate rooms. Body language doesn't work any better for cats when there's a wall in the way.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very rarely. In fact the only times I can think of is Sneakers will complain if another cat gets too close by meowing, yowling or growling and hissing (the swatting comes next...) and of course Roxy when she was in heat before she was spayed walked around calling "prrrow? prrrow?" a lot.
Oh, and when I took Roxy to Madison for several days she spent most of the nights wandering the apartment meowing and calling for the other cats that were not there (even though Sneakers WAS there.)
Aside from that they don't talk to each other much unless they are "fighting" (like the younger cats sometimes will go up to each other, yowl and then bite the other on the back of the neck. They were all fixed before puberty so I am not sure what the deal is there.)

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooter makes sweet little chirpy noises at Pepper when he wants her to cuddle with him. They will cuddle and hug on the couch, have a good ear washing session, followed by a nap. It is so cute.
Fluffy will scream at the others when she thinks they are in her way.
Pearl will hiss and scream at the others just for being in the same room.
Scooter has several noises that sounds like words, but will only use them with the humans. They are "feed me," "out," and noooo!"