Do Your Cats Sleep In Funny Positions?

govtlawyer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found Sparky sleeping on the top perch of the cat tree.  He woke up when I approached to take these photos.  He didn't move a muscle. Just imagine him with his eyes closed.  Not the first time I've ever seen him or Lucy sleeping in weird positions.  Thought you might like this.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like sleep stretched out near a wall in my den like they have turned themselves inside out.  They also sleep on their back with their paws up in the air.  One of these days I will get pictures.  When I walk in with the camera they always wake up briefly and change positions.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are great pictures! 

My two slept funnier when they were kittens I think.  I have pictures of the sleeping in a pile of shoes, in a stack of pillows.  Mooch use to sleep on my chest/neck like a scarf.  The bigger she got; the farther down she had to sleep.
  Noodles snores sometimes though.  

caitini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night Pierre slept stretched out over my knees! I can't imagine how that was comfortable

kittensncoffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Riley smashes himself upright behind the back pillows on the couch. I'm terrified he's gonna get squished one day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

govtlawyer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Caught Lucy sleeping like this once.  She opened her eyes as soon as I got the camera.  My cats are camera hogs and just love the spotlight.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sparky is a great looking guy, love his sleeping positions too! 

Enjoy looking at all the cat pics, they are so cute and comical.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

govtlawyer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think Sinbad is in contention for the crown.  I bet he's a great looking guy when turned over as well.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I love these pics!  Shortstack will get in my lap, get very sleepy, then just flop wherever he is when he gets to that point like a baby.  Here is one where he just flopped over with his head slooowly going backwards.  He had been nodding off for a bit, then did this.  He snored.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
It's hilarious watching Shortstack fall asleep!  He is like a little kid fighting sleep!  He will nod off and ends up in the funniest positions.  And, the snoring.  He snores like a human, with his mouth open sometimes too.  I'm hoping his diet and weight loss will help with that, maybe at least some.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise

He's my little baby cakes. He even comes when I call him that. 

I love it...Shortstack comes to "where's my little fatty-foo-foo?" haha  I sing him the "little bunny foo-foo" song, substituting "little fatty foo foo", that's where that comes from!  (You know the one, Little bunny foo foo, hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head)

Love little baby cakes!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I love it...Shortstack comes to "where's my little fatty-foo-foo?" haha  I sing him the "little bunny foo-foo" song, substituting "little fatty foo foo", that's where that comes from!  (You know the one, Little bunny foo foo, hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head)

Love little baby cakes!
It just about floored my husband the first time he saw it. I called out to Sinbad "come here baby cakes!" and Sinbad immediately came trotting over happy as a clam. Hubby was like, "what the..?!?" 

That's hilarious. I shall have to try it with Sinbad.