Do your cats play with make-shift toys?

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL I just read the mail on home made sock toys and thought wow, what a great idea- got out the catnip spray, catnip leaves and a couple of old socks.... I now have three stoned kitties flat out on the study floor, adoring socks, and the fourth is watching in horror about to call catnips anonymous. Great idea, thankyou!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dakota: small items from the laundry basket. Prefers socks but once in a while pulls out underware. Said underware landed in the yard last week when the dogs snuck them out.

Koko: anything left unattended on a table or counter. Pens are her preference.

Stumpy: dogs - He'll stand on his hind legs, grab their jaws with both paws and mash his face against theirs. He'll also swipe at their waggling tails. He's got the dogs trained well.

Jake (friends cat): metal bottle caps. He comes running whenever he hears a bottle being opened and begs for the cap.

All: champagne bottle corks, 30 pack boxes

And ANYTHING that gets placed on the floor downstairs is fair game to the dogs. They like to eat the pens and carry the socks into their kennels. I have to be careful on what is left lying around my house.

nessa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Grocery bags - so easy! rolll the bag up, tie a knot (maybe a couple) in the middle, and snip the long ends off. Best ball ever, the plastic is so light that every light tap of the paw sends it flyin - great for if your cat plays fetch, perfect size for kitty mouth to carry comfortably.
lots of hairbands, a big roll of TP and Isis is in heaven