Do your cats play games?

whiskers151

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Misty and Greta have the off road version of the Kitty 500 where anything is fair game including the couch, recliner, shelves, cat tree and anything else they can jump on, over or under when chasing each other. The Kitty 500 leads to demolition derby where they one doing the chasing crashes into the other, usually near something noisy like the window blinds.

Misty likes to bat some small foam rubber balls around and chase them. They usually get caught in her claws which is always funny to see how long it takes her to get rid of it. She also likes to bat them under low furniture so she can then fish them out from under it.

Greta likes to play tag. She will run up and grab the calf of my leg with her claws briefly and then take off and hid so I will come find her and then she will do it again when I go back to what I was doing.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course they do! Here are some of their favourites:

-Let's Stare At This Random Object
-I'm Going To Bop You On The Head
-Try To Hide in the Lazy Susan
-Fetch
-Meow at the Ceiling
-Chew on My Own Tail
-Chase That Red Dot
-Wrestling
-Feline 500, usually played between 12 am - 8 am.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

And if they do, what game?

Watching Nabu and Stimpy play "Island" last night made me think of this.
They like to get to a spot in the room without touching the floor.
Mojo, being the naughty one, seems to play more games than the rest.

She plays "Island" too, but we call it "The Floor is Lava"
Now we've moved the furniture around in the living room so she has to devise a new route.

Mojo also plays "Bounce" which involves bouncing on everything possible, but especially Mommy. She doesn't bounce repeatedly off of Daddy because he yells too loud.
We could have named her Tigger, that kitty bounces so much!

We don't have the Kitty 500 here. They don't do round tracks...they do Drag Racing down the hallway, or up or down the stairs, or from the kitchen to the living room (or vice-versa). Trent and Mojo both do their own Time Trials.

"Peek" is another fun game that takes 2 kitties on 2 levels (like on two shelves of a bookshelf). It is kinda like Peek-a-Boo, but the point is to whap the other kitty as much as possible while avoiding getting whapped. They take turns trying to whap each other. Usually the kitty on the upper level wins, but the kitty on the lower level can leave the game easier by sneaking out.