Do your cats miss you when you're gone?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pete and Katie seem happy to see me when I get home, but I don't get the sense that they're pining for me too much when I'm gone. Gracie, on the other hand, will be sitting in the front window when I leave for work in the morning and when I pull in the drive late in the afternoon. Guess I'm supposed to think she's been waiting for me all day. Then, she'll run to the door to greet me. Whether I've been gone all day or half an hour, I can hear her meowing urgently as I unlock the door.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bradley watched the kits for me this weekend when I was out of town and he said they seemed a bit "off". They were more restless than usual at night. Didn't seem to affect their appetite or bathroom-using, though

When I got home on Monday, Cosette would not leave my side for a second and Eponine lounged on the carpet in front of me all evening:

Guess they missed me!
:

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Brendan and I went to Asheville for 4 days last month I left Waffle with my mom (a house and people she is very comfortable with). Once we got back my mom was telling me that while she did eat and use the bathroom regularly, those were the only reasons she came out. She hid under my grandmother's bed most of the time and would cry every once in a while. That just made me feel so awful! My poor baby!! Once she saw that I was back though she went nuts! She followed me everywhere letting out excited cries and purring like a mad woman.

Just this weekend I left her at my apartment for 24 hours while I went to my parents for Memorial Day. There were heavy storms while I was gone and when I got back and was JUST turning the key in the lock I could hear her going CRAZY meowing away behind the door. After that she once again wouldn't leave my side.

It makes me feel terrible but she never stays upset long and doesn't ever refuse to eat or use the bathroom, thankfully!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if my cats miss me or not. I have never been gone for more than 12 hours and always return home at night. I do know that Charlotte always gives me the most affection first thing in the morning and first thing when I return home.

redhairedgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently, my boys are just fine with us out of the house. No poo or eating issues. We have an excellent petsitter, and they LOVE him! He plays with them and feeds them. I think sometimes they like the peace and quiet. When I go out and just my husband's home, he tells me that they wait at the window till they hear my car door slam. Then they start meowing for me and wait at the door! They are definitely happy to see me.

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't think she misses me. My mother lives with me and spoils her when I am gone.