Do your cats like to watch TV?

lifewith3cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. I noticed about 2 weeks ago that my 4 month old Misha purposely watches TV. It started when she jumped up on the TV stand and watched  a soap I was watching. It's a soap I've watched for 30yrs, and as the iconic opening music began she was up on that stand, and she watched the first 45 minutes of it. I mean nonstop watching. She was pawing at the characters in their scenes. I was dying laughing.

So a few days ago I put YouTube on the big screen in the living room and put on cat videos for her and she was mesmerized.  She watched for an hour and last night I put a 2 hour YouTube of birds chirping and she went crazy over it. She watched a solid hour before falling asleep.

Well, what prompted me to write this was I walked in the living room a little bit ago, and she jumped on the stand and was starring at me. I knew then she wanted me to turn on the TV!  I put on her bird videos and she was once again happy as can be.

My other 2 cats who are 1 and 3 have never watched TV, not a single time. No interest at all. It's just so funny to me the individual personalities they have.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Documentaries about big cats.

Ours will hide behind the sofa arm and peek over watching the tv. 
Any other tv program...  He's oblivious to it.

Last edited:

prettykitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wolfpack always watches TV with me! As soon as he sees me sit down on the couch,  he is in my lap and facing the TV. If I don't turn it on fast enough, he looks back at me like, "really mom? I'm waiting..." 

Also, he loves to watch me use my iPad. I play billiards on it all the time and he's always mesmerized by the pool balls moving around the screen. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sinbad loves certain tv shows and actors. He loves the old black and white adventures of superman from the 1950s so much we bought the series collection for him. We just have to pop that in and he comes zooming up from wherever he is in the house the moment the opening music starts. 

He absolutely hates Adam West. His complaints when Batman comes on are so loud you can hear him every where in the house.