Do your cats let you sleep through the night?

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quill is usually very well behaved during the night .... USUALLY
. He wakes me up at around three and begins talking to me or he'll run around the house playing with his straws or tiger or he might just be a little bit lonely and begin biting my hands, arms or feet to wake me up. He did that last night, my big toe was sticking out and he decided it was a big scawwy monster and clawed at it until I relented and finally gave him a big cuddle because that's all he wants sometimes.

tsorcus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two monsters are indoor / outdoor cats and if the weather is fine they get up and play in the garden around 5am. If the weather is bad or we're keeping them in for some reason (they were spayed and neutered last week), they start chasing each other around the house from 5am or earlier and climb everything in my bedroom, play fight and yowl at each other on the floor etc. I don't mind this when I'm working, as I work nights and my brother is a heavy sleeper - but it's a bit hard to be woken up at 5 am on your days off and usually means I end up getting up very late as I naturally fall back to sleep around eight or so. The cats have usually succeded in getting breakfast out of me first...

I'm hoping they'll grow out of it...

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tosh, Oreo and Snickers let me sleep through the night but they are well trained. Jazz, whom we have had for only a couple of months, is not so well trained yet and he wakes me up several times during the night by rattling the door and meowing.
The other three get very annoyed by him and wonder why the new guy won't just sleep at night like you are suppose to.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most nights they are fine. Every once in a while they want attention or something. It probably helps that they don't sleep in the bedroom with us. But they are good if I nap on the couch too.