Do your cats hug you?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only cat I can say ever truly hugged me - arms on shoulders, etc, was a big gray tabby we had at the rescue named Romeo. Yes, he was a big love bug. I was sitting on the floor and he strolled over to me, climbed on my leg, balanced his hind legs on my thigh, put one paw on my left shoulder and the other on my right, wrapped his front legs around my neck and pressed his cheek to mine! Purring like a motor boat the whole time. Mind you, I was stunned and thrilled. I tear up now just writing this. I then scooped up all 16 or 17 lbs of him and cradled him like a baby. I had a very hard time leaving him there. He did get a good home, so I am glad.

AB

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Karmas only gives hugs first thing in the morning and again when I get home from work. She only does it with me and not DH. It makes him very jealous to watch. She will sit at my feet and cry and hold her front paws up waiting to be hugged. Its almost like a little kid who is asking mom to pick them up. I bend over to pick her up and she just wrapps her arms around my neck and nuzzles her face against me. Its very sweet.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enzo does!!! He's the only one of our three that gives hugs. He also gives the weirdess kisses....It's more of a head but and it hurts, but I tell him I love him too and thank you for the "kiss"

drgnrdr5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just adopted our cat. She is a rescue from humane society and she is flat out adorable.

I have had cats before but none like her. When I tell people about her and her actions they

don't want to believe me. When we got Celine (her name) she was the 3rd cat we looked at.

The first 2 were ok but they really didn't hit it off with us. Then they brought in Celine and it 

was love at first sight. She adopted us on the spot. That little lady came right up to us and 

climbed right into our laps like she owned them. We got her home she explored a little and 

the first night there slept in my sons room right on hi bed next to him. That was a saturday

sunday she moved into my area and she will sleep with the rest of the family also. But what

is startling to me was her immediate head buts to all of us and her hugs she gives me. I

have yet to see her hug any other family members and she is so loving.  I am so very glad

she adopted us. I wouldnt trade her for a new Hummer for my wife. :)

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
as much as this is an adorable topic please be aware it is 5 years old.

DRGNRDR5  Why don't you start a new conversation in the New Cats on The Block Forum :D

liltuffgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Bentley is very much a cuddler!! He wants my arm around him and will put his on me. First cat I've ever had like this.

Bella a still new but likes being on me.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes... but Mew only cuddles with my husband or the dog. She head butts all of us. She is kind of strange. Her time... when she wants to.
Walter is learning the headbutts and super cuddles. Walter cuddles mostly with just me. Remember he is the youngest. He is 8-9 weeks old now.
Elsie and Ana with everyone. They sleep with the kids. They headbutt and cuddle with whoever is closest.

Last edited:

glencatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Sally who was put to sleep last Wednesday liked to jump up for a big hug with her chin resting on my shoulder and my right hand supporting her rear. She would purr up a storm while I kissed and nuzzled the side of her neck, then she would switch sides so I could kiss the other side of her neck. She still like to do that even during her last days.

littlewolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss :(

Eli likes to wrap his paws around an arm and nuzzle or lick it. Suppose thats as big as his armspan is. If he is sitting above me on a pillow or the stairs he will rest his chin on my shoulder or head like he is giving the bear hug which is really comforting because he's quite big and it's like a larger adult cuddling me