Do your cats do this??

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Sophie will watch and wait while i scoup!.

She could have just been on the litterbox, but she'll make sure she manages to do something again no matter how small once i scoup, so i have to sit and wait for her to finish!
Oh boy did I get a mental image or what!

Yup my kitties do this too!

sadisticookie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Baby Kitty likes to watch me scoop the box, jumps in right after and sometimes during my scooping procedures.

My "revenge"? As he does his thing I stay there and tap him on the head

Ticks him off every time.

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats aren't nearly as bad as they used to be with this type of thing. However, I am still supervised when I do a complete litter change.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Cosette is SUCH a stinker!
I use covered litter boxes for the kits. One day, I was cleaning Cosette's litter box, so I took the top off and laid it upside-down next to me. Cosette immediately jumped into the top and sat down. I just thought she was watching me clean- but as soon as she stood up, I noticed that she had PEED in the litter box top! I guess that was her way of saying, "Hey, quit messing with my potty!"

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Litter box behavior is a bit different in my house. I have four boxes for three cats and have to scoop at least twice and often three times a day. Because Red Cat DEMANDS a clean box. If he isn't satisfied with how clean they are, even if I have already scooped, he protests in his very loud voice, and my nerves can't take that. So he often tells me when I have to scoop, and also when to change the litter. Usually the latter is at about the time I would have changed it anyway, but occasionally, especially if anyone has had diarrhea or loose stools, he informs me that it really needs to be changed sooner, as early as four or five days. When he demands that it be changed, he tries to wait until I wash the box and put fresh litter in, but there are, of course, times he just can't hold it that long and stoops to using one of the boxes not yet changed after all.

Thankfully, the other two will use a box even if it has been used once and not yet scooped.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GratefulBear629

I have no idea why but as soon as I start cleaning out the litter box the whole gang thinks it's time to get together.

Either it's time to play or it reminds
them they need to go potty.

And now that I have 3 cats, not only is it more to scoop.. but more kitties to take out of the litter box as I'm trying to clean it.

*sigh* Does anyone else have this problem??
The 5 kittens I have come running when I am cleaning there's it's like gosh guys comeon this is so amazing
I have no idea what they are thinking. But I have a few older cats that will be in them the minute they are cleaned, go figure

gottadisjr24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GratefulBear629

My oldest one likes to go in WHILE I am scooping!! Kind of like "here, get this one while you're at it".
And, of course, he has to dig to find the perfect spot.. which takes forever. What a pain in my butt!!
my kitty...Manny..does too. lol...its a real pain