Do your cats abuse you when you sleep?

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midori (family cat) is really mellow at night. If you get up to use the bathroom she might follow you downstairs to collect some scritches or food.

Aya turns into terror kitten at night. I get walked on (not her fault the open window is on the other side of the bed).

I also wake up sometimes with a cat meatloaf sleeping on my chest or peering into my face.

She also pounces on my face at night. Exposed appendages (hands, feet) are fair game for grabbing and bitting. She will also start burrowing under your sheets to get at said appendages. Pulling her out, and sceraming 'ouch' only seems to make her more enthusiastic.

She also likes to play trampoline in my crotch.

kunalen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
my Nacho wakes me a few times in the early hours of the morning for his feed and at times when he thinks I should be up.

mzkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I almost feel bad posting this but not quite hahaha

my cat.. NEVER wakes me up, NEVER meows me wake, he is an angel

we get on so well! we both like our sleep. However, the other day he did run oall over me, he must have been having a "moment" i can just picture him staring for hours, then deciding to do the "deed" he weighs a ton.

I have kind of banned him from my bed sadly! as I suffer with asthma, but he seems to be recovering from the shock of no bed! He goes and sleeps on the neighbours bed to make up for it from time to time.

mzkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

Midori (family cat) is really mellow at night. If you get up to use the bathroom she might follow you downstairs to collect some scritches or food.

Aya turns into terror kitten at night. I get walked on (not her fault the open window is on the other side of the bed).

I also wake up sometimes with a cat meatloaf sleeping on my chest or peering into my face.

She also pounces on my face at night. Exposed appendages (hands, feet) are fair game for grabbing and bitting. She will also start burrowing under your sheets to get at said appendages. Pulling her out, and sceraming 'ouch' only seems to make her more enthusiastic.

She also likes to play trampoline in my crotch.
hahahahaha! I thought it was just my cat !!! what is it with cats and crotches ?? Ok I wont ask loll

kmcr80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whenever I'm asleep, my cat will get upset with the lack of attention and start pawing at me. Its cute, but kind of annoying at times!

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thor is BIG and HEAVY. You'll see him in my sig. Now, imagine that running as quickly as it can across your bed. Jumping down and repeating. OR laying on your full bladder early in the morning.

There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Funny you should post this thread.

I woke up the other morning to find a 2" wide bloodspot on the sheets
at the foot of the bed. Turns out that the blood was mine and came from
a deep scratch on my right leg, just above the ankle.

I vaguely remember the cats chasing each other around 1:30am or so,
and apparently one of them managed to scratch the hell out of my leg.

The worst part is - they were new sheets that I just got for Christmas and
I washed them in hot water; just before the cycle was done, I realized that
I probably should have washed them in cold.

Yup, you guessed it - the stains are pretty much set in now.

Why do I always remember stuff like that when it's too late?

mikehong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eh, mine just do the typical things, I suppose... Walk around me on the bed, walk on me, pounce on my hands and feet if they move while I'm asleep or if they're hanging off the bed. Sometimes they stand next to my head and tickle my face with their tails while investigating the stuff on my night stand.

Oscar sometimes sleeps on the bed on the other side of my gf... And snores! I snore too so once in a while I'll wake up to the gf laughing because we're snoring in stereo.... It never occurred to me that cats could snore