Do You Wear Shoes At Home?

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually take my shoes off when I come in. I like to be comfy and curl up in my chair. We don't have any rules with people leaving them on or taking them off. Doesn't matter. I have a nice layer of dog and cat fur that protects my carpets!!

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I prefer no shoes, so I rarely have them on. I've never requested guests to remove their shoes, though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wear shoes in the house...Since I live in a basement apartment, people don't take their shoes off because its not nice enough to them

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make people take them off, I get mad when they don't because they track everything in & I hate cleaning up after random people.
I always take mine off too.... I dont wanna clean if I dont have to

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brad and I take ours off as soon as we come in from the garage. Nice to have an attached one that has a door to the inside so we can get out of the car and go right in. If I can, I sneak my shoes off in the garage and carry them inside to the shoe rack. I hate shoes and try not to wear them anymore them I have to.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont most of the time because I like to be barefooted. I only wear sandals during the summer so I can easily slip them off if Im not at work, in a store or a restraunt. I really hate wearing shoes.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father would never allow any of us to own slippers - for some unfathomable reason he thought they were a sloppy habit! It was not till I went to Bosnia that I met a culture where no one ever wore shoes indoors, in their own or other people's houses. Every visitor is offered a pair of slippers or woollen slipper socks - long or short, according to the weather. And houses seemed much cleaner as a result. So it is a habit I gladly adopted and have continued here - even more important in the country, where mud is the order of the day. At my parents (until recently, anyway, as he is now too ill to notice), my father would admonish me for taking my shoes off. But then he is someone who every day of his life, even now, puts on a tie and jacket with hard polished shoes!

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We always take our shoes off when we come in, more because we can't wait to get out of them after being in them all day, I usually wear slippers, flip flops or put a pair of socks on.

I don't really get visitors that much, but when my brother and his family come round they automatically take off their shoes, I don't mind if they didn't as I have a door mat outside and another in the porch, also I have wooden floors and we're always washing them anyway as the cats always leave prints or some sort of mess.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never wear shoes in my or anyone else's home, no one in Finland does, it's considered very rude here. I love walking around barefoot.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to be barefoot in the house during the summer and wear slippers during the winter. Most people seem to remove their shoes when they come in my front door. I have a hardwood entryway floor, and they usually take off their shoes before stepping onto the ivory livingroom carpet. I never ask them to remove their shoes, but maybe they do because they see me barefoot or in slippers. I will putter around in the kitchen (laminate floor) in my shoes, but usually take them off before walking on the carpeting in the hallway or livingroom. Most people will also leave their shoes on if they come into my kitchen....and like me, remove them at the hallway/livingroom carpet.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem with taking your shoes off in other people's houses is that if you're wearing trousers (and I don't do skirts) they're too long when you take your shoes off and you trip over them!
I always wear heels as I'm short so I don't appreciate having to walk around without a bit of extra height!