Do you use the spellcheck feature before submitting a post?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, and I didn't even know there WAS a spell check. My browser automatically underlines incorrect or unknown words in a text box though.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I'm just curious how many people use the spell check feature before submitting their posts.

I do sometimes and should use it more often than I do.
I tend to type fast and make a lot of typos.
I did not notice that there was a spell check.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

My preferred browser is Opera, so it's not available, but spelling is not a problem for me, and I tend to review my post a bazillion or so times before hitting submit, because of a severe case of "revisionitis", so I generally see any typos in time to correct them. There are exceptions to every known rule, though...
Actually, there is one for Opera, Fran: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155027

This is an old thread of mine with links for IE and Firefox:http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...=spell+checker

I'm using Firefox as my default browser, so it picks up misspelled words automatically, though once in a while there's a conflict, because I have U.S. English, U.K. English, and German dictionaries as add-ons.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Firefox will underline most of my misspelled words, so then I'll correct them. Otherwise I pretty much use the "Quick Reply" option and not the checker provided by the forums.
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use it only when I remember. I should use it more often because English is not my first language.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Firefox will underline most of my misspelled words, so then I'll correct them. Otherwise I pretty much use the "Quick Reply" option and not the checker provided by the forums.
Safari does the same [as i'm discovering] altho the WYSIWYG editing doesn't seem to work with it
but that's all part of getting used to a new browser, i guess!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually use Wordsmyth when I doubt my spelling, plus I have spell check set on my computer. It checks all, but misses or questions some things................

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't even downloaded a spell check, but like many others, I proofread my posts. Now if we can get a grammar check, now that would be something.